Thursday, December 11, 2008
Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
Believe it or not, there are a couple of pretty nice single family houses that are BANK OWNED and that are now available. CLICK HERE to checkout the properties. (There are a couple of multi-family included because I'm too lazy to do a separate list.) Please take a few minutes and go through the list. There are properties in all Key West locations and in low to moderate price ranges.
If you are looking for a house with a pool, do not skip a property because you do not see a photo of a pool. You need to read the comments or read the mls data sheet. The data sheet should tell the reader whether the property has a pool or not. For some reason some Realtors sometimes fail to upload photos the showoff the finer attributes of some properties. Due your homework and read the list. Drive by the properties if you live in Key West. You may surprise yourself by what you find.
Don't let a street address or a messy front yard deter you from checking out a house if it meets your search criteria. I've been very surprised by a couple of very nice houses on Flagler.
Countrywide owns many of the houses on the above list. Countrywide is offering financing to qualified buyers and is also paying some closing costs on some specific properties. Take the time to find the values and incentives that the bank owners are offering buyers. It's not often that you get an opportunity like this.
Again, CLICK HERE to see a list of single family bank owned homes in Key West.
If you are looking for a building lot or commercial property, CLICK HERE. There is one development lot; a mixed use building on upper Duval Street with commercial space downstairs and transient licensed guest rooms upstairs plus a pool and off-street parking; and a ten unit apartment complex on Stock Island. All are BANK OWNED.
There are only 20 days left for this calendar year. Banks run on numbers. I used to work in a really big bank and one of my jobs was selling bank owned assets. Believe me when I tell you that there is still time left to make a good deal on a bank owned property in Key West. The best time to buy is right now and be able to close by the end of business on December 31st. The reason: it's the end of the quarter and perhaps year end for some banks. The more non-earning assets (foreclosures) they get off their books and turn into cash the better.
Write a real offer. Offer cash and make the offer as clean as possible. If you have to borrow, have your financing pre-approved and be able to move a lightning speed. Most of the civilized world starts to stop working any day now because of office parties and people taking extended days off. If you want a deal now, you are going to have to work to make it happen. But then people who work hard usually end up getting more and better things than those who sit around and carp.
If you want to really buy a place in Paradise and need someone on your side, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 64 Front Street - Key West, Florida
- Don't Wait Too Long!
- Open Houses - Key West - Sunday
- 48th Annual Key West House and Garden Tours
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
- Did Gary Have Too Much Eggnog?
- 811 Southard - Historic Old Town Mansion - Short S...
- Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
- Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
- 701 Elizabeth Street - Heart of Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
- All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
- Oceanfront - Short Sale - Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
- 712 Love Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beachside Ocean Front Condo
- 8 Passover Lane - Key West - Story Book Cottage
- For the Disbelievers
- Key West November 2008 Sale Report
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.