Saturday, December 20, 2008
Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
I try to let readers know about properties that I think are potentially good buys in these difficult times. Such is the case of 412 Louisa Street. For those who are not familiar with Louisa Street, it is located one block north of United Street and runs from Bahama Village east to Grinnell Street.
The cute little two bedroom Conch Cottage at 412 Louisa Street is offered as a short sale for the already low price of only $425,000 or $567 per sq. This is what you can get: a topical getaway with a pool. The Conch style home has two bedrooms each with en-suite baths. It is 750 square feet on a 2457 sq ft lot that is located less than a block from upper Duval Street in Old Town. The living area is an expansive great room (kitchen and dining area included) with vaulted ceiling with French doors that open onto a covered deck, outdoor dining area and a nice sized pool. And there is brick paved and gated off-street parking.
This property was under contract as a short sale. The "buyer" recently pulled out of the short sale. The appraisal was done this present week. That means the lender has this particular property in the zone to get a deal done within a relatively short period of time. I encourage buyers who are looking for properties of this type to seriously consider this house. Let me add a final comment. This house was previously listed by one of the Top Agents in Key West. The asking price was $985,000. Our office (preferred Properties) currently has the house next door at 412 Louisa Street on the market. It is priced at $799,000. CLICK HERE to see our listing.
CLICK HERE and CLICK HERE to see a couple of photos of this charming little street and see the types home that make up this little neighborhood.
CLICK HERE for photos and more detailed information on this big deal on a short sale in Old Town Key West, Florida.
I don't think this little gem will last very long at this price. Please give me, Gary Thomas, a phone call at 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing--preferably to see both 412 and 414 Louisa. Act now while the opportunity is available.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 64 Front Street - Key West, Florida
- Don't Wait Too Long!
- Open Houses - Key West - Sunday
- 48th Annual Key West House and Garden Tours
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
- Did Gary Have Too Much Eggnog?
- 811 Southard - Historic Old Town Mansion - Short S...
- Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
- Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
- 701 Elizabeth Street - Heart of Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
- All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
- Oceanfront - Short Sale - Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
- 712 Love Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beachside Ocean Front Condo
- 8 Passover Lane - Key West - Story Book Cottage
- For the Disbelievers
- Key West November 2008 Sale Report
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.