Thursday, December 18, 2008
Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
I just did a quick search of the Key West mls to find condos and townhomes on the Island of Key West that are offered as short sales. There are 76 such sales available as of this morning. A short sale occurs where the seller offers to sell the home for less than what he or she owes to the lender, and the lender agrees to accept this amount and "forgive" the remaining balance.
There have been a bunch of short sales in Key West over the past year and the lenders and local Realtors are getting better at managing these sales on all sides. (Thanks to the other professionals like the title companies and local real estate attorneys that are shepherding these sales through to completion.)
I selected several properties to consider. I like these units because of location, value, potential future value, and income potential.
Unit 421 Beachside Condos is oceanfront living DeLuxe. You could not ask for a better price, better construction, or amenities. This unit is the least expensive unit available and it is offered at $599,000. CLICK HERE for more info and photos.
It has two (2) transient rental licenses. You can rent the unit on your own, hire a local property management company, or use the services of the Marriott Hotel group that is taking over property management of the other units that participate in the rental program. Or just live in the lap of luxury at a Class A resort.
Unit A 213 at 1800 Atlantic Condos sits at the rear courtyard corner and has a transient rental license. The listing agent reports that this unit is one of the most often rented units in the complex. CLICK HERE for more info on this unit that is offered at $489,000. Future bookings are included.
Unit 32 at the Santa Maria Condominiums at 1401 Simonton Street is a short sale offered at $925,000 for the two bedroom 2 1/2 bath unit with transient license 1/2 block from the Atlantic Ocean. CLICK HERE for details. Guests have beach and other privileges at the Reach Resort next door. There are 13 units available at Santa Maria. Get aggressive and strike a bargain.
31 Seaside South is located on the far east end of the Island and has views of the Atlantic Ocean from the living room and master bedroom. The unit has an enclosed garage, a private elevator between all three floors, and the place is built like a fortress. There is a small outdoor space where you might be able to add a dip pool or create a nice garden. CLICK HERE for photos and more info on this unit offered at only $619,000. The furniture is not included but may be purchased separately.
How about a two bedroom unit on Solares Hill on 709 Windsor Lane priced offered at only $449,000? CLICK HERE for photos and more details. This place is located right in the heart of Old Town so you are near everything but far from the noise makers. And it has a cocktail pool to boot.
809 Washington Street Unit 101 is offered at $1,150,000. CLICK HERE for photos and detailed info on this newly constructed town home in the heart of the Casa Marina Area. The town home is a spacious 1876 square feet on three floors and has its own private pool and garden area. Great details throughout the home and the location make this worth the look.
Remember that the asking price on short sales is the same as any other property. And in today's volatile market, the sales price is often much less. Most of the units I selected can be rented as vacation rentals or as transient rentals. This could provide some cash flow to help make the purchase more affordable--in case that matters.
CLICK HERE to perform your own independent search of the Key West mls to find the potential deal in your future. Simply identify the type of property you want to find, the geographic area, the price range, and any more specific features you want. Remember that people create the input and sometimes people omit some features. So it may be advisable to be more lenient on features or size and more generous on price just to expand your potential search.
If you would like more information on any of the condos shown above please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. Let me help you find your place in Paradise. And hopefully save a whole lot of money in the process!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 64 Front Street - Key West, Florida
- Don't Wait Too Long!
- Open Houses - Key West - Sunday
- 48th Annual Key West House and Garden Tours
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
- Did Gary Have Too Much Eggnog?
- 811 Southard - Historic Old Town Mansion - Short S...
- Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
- Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
- 701 Elizabeth Street - Heart of Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
- All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
- Oceanfront - Short Sale - Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
- 712 Love Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beachside Ocean Front Condo
- 8 Passover Lane - Key West - Story Book Cottage
- For the Disbelievers
- Key West November 2008 Sale Report
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.