Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Located on one of the Most Beautiful Blocks In The Historic District you will find this quintessential two story Key West house at 628 William Street. There are two bedrooms en-suite baths plus an office. There is a recent Award Winning Artist Studio/Den addition. There is a 30 Foot Pool and an excellent outside dining/living area. Lush landscaping creates a very private atmosphere. Off-street Parking.
The color tones are just perfect. The living area is formal without being stuffy. The floors in the living area are just plain beautiful. A few steps off the living room is the artist studio / office that is elevated over the 30 foot pool. That is not a typo. What a glorious way to incorporate functional living space and provide a large lap pool at the same time. A set of French doors looks down to the pool from the studio. That little location could inspire lots of creativity, of that I am certain.
There are two real bedrooms and a third room large enough to be a guest room, but it doesn't have a closet so we can't call it a bedroom. That's a nice feature actually. Your guests can't hang their clothes. Maybe they'll stay in a hotel and not eat you out of house and home. CLICK HERE to read more detailed info on this house and view more photos.
The house is 1630 sq ft and sits on a deep 2931 sq ft lot. The home is priced at $1,295,000 or $794 per sq ft. William Street is extra wide in this block, and there are no guest houses or commercial spaces to compete for off-street parking. Yet, the location is only a short three block walk to the Historic Key West Seaport and a five minute walk to Duval Street.
628 William is a listing Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc, (Christie's Great Estates) listing. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing of this really beautiful Old Town home.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- 707 Washington Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 614 Frances Street - Key West - Short Sale
- The Grand Dame - 1307 Truman Avenue Key West
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West Elegance...
- Cigar Maker Cottages Galore - Key West
- The Road to Recovery
- Beep! Beep! Beep! - The Sound of Key West Foreclos...
- 1400 1st Street - MidTown - Key West
- No Brainer Loans
- 825 Ashe Street - Old Town - Key West
- Class Warfare - Key West
- Key West Short Sales to Dream About
- HGTV Florida Keys Dream Home - Part Deux
- Duval Square Townhome - Key West - Short Sale
- Bank Owned Properties - Key West
- Just Listed 1212 Olivia Street - Key West
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West Cottage
- The Elegance of Living Well...
- 623 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Grand Casa Marina Estate - Key West...
- Even Bert's Looking in Key West
- 912 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2008 - The Year in Real Estate in Key West, Florid...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.