Saturday, January 24, 2009
Beep! Beep! Beep! - The Sound of Key West Foreclosures...
So you are walking down one of the picturesque Key West streets or lanes and see a "For Sale" sign. (There are a lot of those signs all around Key West these days.) As you near the house you hear "Beep! Beep! Beep!..." emanating from inside the shuttered house. You instantly know the house is bank owned or soon to be bank owned. Instead of hearing the sound of silence, you hear the chirp of a smoke detector that transformed itself from a life saving appliance into a miniaturized public address system that continually announces to the world "foreclosure!", "foreclosure!","foreclosure!"...
That beep goes on, and on, and on. Neither the asset protection companies that the banks hire to look after and protect the foreclosed houses nor the Realtors that have the listings on the foreclosed properties have the sense or desire to spend a few cents either to disarm the smoke detectors or to replace the batteries so that the infernal noise stops. So the noise just goes on and on and on -- just like the Energizer Bunny.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2014 (162)
- ► 2013 (238)
- ► 2012 (238)
- ► 2011 (257)
- ► 2010 (238)
- 707 Washington Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 614 Frances Street - Key West - Short Sale
- The Grand Dame - 1307 Truman Avenue Key West
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West Elegance...
- Cigar Maker Cottages Galore - Key West
- The Road to Recovery
- Beep! Beep! Beep! - The Sound of Key West Foreclos...
- 1400 1st Street - MidTown - Key West
- No Brainer Loans
- 825 Ashe Street - Old Town - Key West
- Class Warfare - Key West
- Key West Short Sales to Dream About
- HGTV Florida Keys Dream Home - Part Deux
- Duval Square Townhome - Key West - Short Sale
- Bank Owned Properties - Key West
- Just Listed 1212 Olivia Street - Key West
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West Cottage
- The Elegance of Living Well...
- 623 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Grand Casa Marina Estate - Key West...
- Even Bert's Looking in Key West
- 912 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2008 - The Year in Real Estate in Key West, Florid...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (172)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.