Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Preferred Properties Christies Great Estates is the listing office of this one of a kind Key West estate. This is how the listing Realtor describes this property:
"Casa Palmera is truly one of Key West's Grand Estates, located in the heart of the Casa Marina just 2 blocks from the Ocean. The owner is a noted designer who has spent many years fine tuning this home into a residential masterpiece, with rich wood flooring and European details throughout. The exterior gardens and pool area, are what Key West Living is about. To the Southeast of the property is the Casita which is a home onto itself. Off to the Southwest end of the home is a Writer's cottage or office with it's own bath. The main home includes 3 guest rooms, a complete mother-in-law suite, formal dining area, two living areas, wonderful large galley kitchen, breakfast room, and Laundry room, well designed with abundant storage."
Here's the rest: I've always described the house as being a Beverly Hills type house. The south wall in both the living room on the first floor and the master bedroom on the second dramatically bow outward. Unlike so many modern houses that are built for present day trendy living, this property has many areas for entertaining or living very privately. And each space whether public or private is exquisitely detailed. You just don't see that kind of detail in new construction--not in Key West, anyway.
There is an outdoor kitchen by the pool. A really sweet balcony overlooks the pool from the second floor front bedroom with en-suite bath. You can see the Atlantic Ocean from both the master bedroom and master bath. And what a view it is. But it is when you are at ground level and walking through the beautiful gardens that you really appreciate this property. Every direction you look, you see something enchanting. You feel like you have arrived in Paradise and don't want to leave.
The guest cottage is absolutely a delight. It is stunning. Each room is simple but rich in design. Your guests will never leave. And of course there is the writer's cottage on the far west end of the property. I have a writer friend that's been written up in the New York Times and featured on National Public Radio. If you are reading this: buy this house!
If you are in the market for a grand Key West property such as Casa Palmera, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing. Casa Palmera is offered at $3,495,000. CLICK HERE for more detailed information and many photos. If you are looking for a home in this price range, you must see this house. You will not be disappointed.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2012 (238)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (242)
- 707 Washington Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 614 Frances Street - Key West - Short Sale
- The Grand Dame - 1307 Truman Avenue Key West
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West Elegance...
- Cigar Maker Cottages Galore - Key West
- The Road to Recovery
- Beep! Beep! Beep! - The Sound of Key West Foreclos...
- 1400 1st Street - MidTown - Key West
- No Brainer Loans
- 825 Ashe Street - Old Town - Key West
- Class Warfare - Key West
- Key West Short Sales to Dream About
- HGTV Florida Keys Dream Home - Part Deux
- Duval Square Townhome - Key West - Short Sale
- Bank Owned Properties - Key West
- Just Listed 1212 Olivia Street - Key West
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West Cottage
- The Elegance of Living Well...
- 623 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Grand Casa Marina Estate - Key West...
- Even Bert's Looking in Key West
- 912 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2008 - The Year in Real Estate in Key West, Florid...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (172)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.