Monday, January 5, 2009
Last week I reported the real estate sales data for 2008 and suggested that would-be buyers should not wait too long to find a property. There is and always has been a limited supply of single family homes in Old Town. Some of the larger old homes were converted into apartments or guest houses in past decades so that reduced the number of houses. And recently a few properties were converted into condominiums so that reduced the number as well.
I just did a search of single family homes in Old Town (and The Meadows) from Truman Annex on the west, Truman Avenue on the south, east to the Garrison Bight. I only selected houses over $1,000,000 whose prices have been reduced from the original asking price. CLICK HERE to see what is left.
If you take the time to look at the list you will see a good comparison of features such as qualitiy of construction, architecture, and location that help set the asking price. Some of the sellers have been more aggressive than others in adjusting the asking price downwards. Some prices still may seem very high on a per square foot basis. But some of the properties have features or locations that may command the higher asking prices.
As the supply of houses under $1,000,000 shrinks in Old Town, the question to me becomes will some of the houses listed above be reduced in price (or through price negotiation) to meet the market (meet the demand for homes under one million dollars)? I don't know the answer. This CLICK HERE is a compilation of houses priced over one million that sold in 2008 in the Old Town area.
If you are searching for a home in Key West please consider using me, Gary Thomas, as your buyers agent. Call me at 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. The island of Key West isn't getting any bigger and the number of homes isn't increasing. So if you want to buy, buy smart. CLICK HERE to search the Key West mls database.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- 707 Washington Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 614 Frances Street - Key West - Short Sale
- The Grand Dame - 1307 Truman Avenue Key West
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West Elegance...
- Cigar Maker Cottages Galore - Key West
- The Road to Recovery
- Beep! Beep! Beep! - The Sound of Key West Foreclos...
- 1400 1st Street - MidTown - Key West
- No Brainer Loans
- 825 Ashe Street - Old Town - Key West
- Class Warfare - Key West
- Key West Short Sales to Dream About
- HGTV Florida Keys Dream Home - Part Deux
- Duval Square Townhome - Key West - Short Sale
- Bank Owned Properties - Key West
- Just Listed 1212 Olivia Street - Key West
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West Cottage
- The Elegance of Living Well...
- 623 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Grand Casa Marina Estate - Key West...
- Even Bert's Looking in Key West
- 912 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2008 - The Year in Real Estate in Key West, Florid...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.