Monday, January 12, 2009
Just Listed -- well, last week it was. This unusual property was the carriage house that was part of a much larger home adjacent to the east. This property was listed in 2008 at $1,375,000. CLICK HERE to see what it looked like then. It did not sell. The bank foreclosed and now this property is Bank Owned. The new asking price is $599,900 or $358 per sq ft.
The property is located at 1212 Olivia Street in The Meadows Area. It is just a step away from White Street to help out of town buyers place it. The house has 1676 sq feet of space and sits on a large lot of 4275 sq ft. The house has 3 bedrooms (none of which are large, but they are not small either). There are two bathrooms, but they are definitely not as large as we are custom to seeing in new renovations. The kitchen pictured above in the photos when the house was listed last year is missing. Somehow the the appliances went away. The bathroom vanity is gone from one bath and the sink is missing from another. The pool pump and air conditioner and all of the light fixtures are missing as well. Some of the exterior shutters are gone for good.
But if you get past the things that are wrong with the design or things that are missing, you still see a good sized house in a very good location with a terrific pool and rear yard, an interesting design, and a cute front yard with off street parking. The house next door is for sale and it is offered at well over $4 million. The neighbor to the west is an apartment building that fronts onto White. But the block and location is great nonetheless.
This property would be a good project property for someone with design and construction skills. CLICK HERE to read what the listing realtor says about the house and view more photos.
It is easy to see this house at 1212 Olivia. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- 707 Washington Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 614 Frances Street - Key West - Short Sale
- The Grand Dame - 1307 Truman Avenue Key West
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West Elegance...
- Cigar Maker Cottages Galore - Key West
- The Road to Recovery
- Beep! Beep! Beep! - The Sound of Key West Foreclos...
- 1400 1st Street - MidTown - Key West
- No Brainer Loans
- 825 Ashe Street - Old Town - Key West
- Class Warfare - Key West
- Key West Short Sales to Dream About
- HGTV Florida Keys Dream Home - Part Deux
- Duval Square Townhome - Key West - Short Sale
- Bank Owned Properties - Key West
- Just Listed 1212 Olivia Street - Key West
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West Cottage
- The Elegance of Living Well...
- 623 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Grand Casa Marina Estate - Key West...
- Even Bert's Looking in Key West
- 912 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2008 - The Year in Real Estate in Key West, Florid...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.