Friday, January 16, 2009
There are 85 condos and townhomes in Key West currently listed as "Short Sales" but there probably more because the listing agent may not have clicked the right button when adding the listing to the mls database or the owner does not want everyone to know his financial plight. Both of those happen. I went through the 85 and selected 13 (don't know if that's a good number or not!) for you to consider. Each unit is in a good location. Some units have transient licenses are are available for legal transient rentals on a daily basis all year long (except units in Truman Annex which have some limitations). All are units that one might actually dream about owning.
CLICK HERE to see the list.
Sunset Marina is on Stock Island across the street from the Key West Golf Club. It is about the same size as units at 1800 Atlantic and priced competitively. All of the units have direct marina views. There is a pool, covered parking, a small gym, and the place was built very well.
120 Angela Street is a small complex of only four units, two up and two down. Each is outfitted with beautiful kitchens and baths, attractive floorings, and comfortable living spaces. Each unit has one off street parking space and there is a beautiful pool and comfortable island landscaping. It's located next door to The Shipyard condos, priced lower, has more space, and much more private.
Two units at 1401 Simonton are included (Santa Maria Condominiums). Theses units are re-sales at a much lower price than the owners paid. The Santa Maria stays booked constantly. So these units might make more economic sense if they are purchased at a lower price (on a short sale) that actually has the potential to make money (or not lose money) for the owner.
1108 Duval is the Cuban Club. Great Old Town location and use of the pool at the Douglas House make this unit attractive to vacationers. The management fees are higher, but the units here seem to stay busy most of the year.
Two units at Seaside at the east edge of Key West are included. Both are three story with private garages, private elevators, ocean views, lots of quality living space on three levels, and the buildings were new in 2005.
There is a cute little place on Windsor Lane located between the Key West Cemetery and the top of Solares Hill. It has its own little pool and 2 bedrooms and a bath.
I included one unit at 1800 Atlantic in the A building. Terrific ocean and nature preserve views.
The townhome at 809 Washington Street in Casa Marina was built in 2007. It has its own private pool and garden, custom floors, cathedral ceilings, and a beautiful kitchen. Off street parking, of course. And multi-million dollar homes all around.
514 Porter Lane in the Truman Annex President's Walk area is a comfortable entry level two story town house with two bedrooms and three baths.
3841 N. Roosevelt is the new (2007) Beachside Resort. Westin Hotels is now managing the facility and owners with transient licenses (such as this one) can use the Westin as the property manager or rent the unit themselves or with any other company. Other re-sales are priced considerably!!! higher.
I wrote about 1075 Duval in Duval Square a couple of days ago. This is a good price for someone looking for a transient unit in a good location.
If any of these units look attractive to you, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642,or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You could be a Key Wester sooner than you think for a price you might never have imagined. Lay back, relax, and imagine your life in Paradise..........
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (88)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- 707 Washington Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 614 Frances Street - Key West - Short Sale
- The Grand Dame - 1307 Truman Avenue Key West
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West Elegance...
- Cigar Maker Cottages Galore - Key West
- The Road to Recovery
- Beep! Beep! Beep! - The Sound of Key West Foreclos...
- 1400 1st Street - MidTown - Key West
- No Brainer Loans
- 825 Ashe Street - Old Town - Key West
- Class Warfare - Key West
- Key West Short Sales to Dream About
- HGTV Florida Keys Dream Home - Part Deux
- Duval Square Townhome - Key West - Short Sale
- Bank Owned Properties - Key West
- Just Listed 1212 Olivia Street - Key West
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West Cottage
- The Elegance of Living Well...
- 623 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Grand Casa Marina Estate - Key West...
- Even Bert's Looking in Key West
- 912 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2008 - The Year in Real Estate in Key West, Florid...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.