Wednesday, February 25, 2009
This is how the listing Realtor describes the new listing at 1114 Fleming Street in Old Town Key West: "This circa 1886 home has cypress siding and contains four bedrooms and four and one-half baths including a separate guest cottage overlooking the pool and patio with covered outdoor dining. The kitchen has a large living area with dining. There is also a downstairs bedroom suite and another room suitable as a den, library or office. There are two bedrooms each with baths ensuite upstairs. The master suite has a walk-in closet and opens to a sunny sitting porch under the Royal Poinciana tree. The property is complete with two off-street parking spaces and much of the designer furnishings are available."
This house was recently featured in the Old Island Restoration Foundation's February House Tour. OIRF described 1114 Fleming property thus: "this two-story home, with its saw tooth additions at the back, was awarded a ceramic star from the Historic Florida Keys Foundation in 1983, and is on the National Register of Historic Places. It has maintained its charm while incorporating modern amenities for today's living. Floors are old wide plank pine, doors are old, and most of the large windows are original to the house."
No matter how you describe this house, you can't deny the sheer beauty of the simple lines and the unique pique the Cypress wood siding gives to the property. The house is quite large and boasts four bedrooms and five baths, a guest cottage, pool and patio with covered dining area. The asking price on this 2510 sq ft home is $1,450,000 or $578 per sq ft.
The home is located at the far east end of Fleming Street but it is still a mere stroll to Duval or the Historic Key West Seaport. There are great restaurants such as Cafe Sole and art galleries within a three minute walk. The home is near everything but not in the middle of it all. And that can be very nice.
CLICK HERE for more information on this unique property.
If you would like to see 1114 Fleming Street,or any other home in the Old Town area of Key West, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. Let me help you find your place in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.