Wednesday, February 4, 2009
The large and colorful home and two story guest cottage was built in 1999 and is located between Old Town and the Casa Marina Area. The property is now priced at only $1,249,000 or $417 per sq ft. This is how the listing Realtor described this property: "Beautiful 3 story home located in the Historic District of Old Town with a classic Key West architectural exterior and a striking sophisticated interior that has been professionally designed and decorated. The main residence has 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths with the master suite occupying the entire second floor. The master suite is wonderful - unbelievable bath with one of the largest walk-in shower retreats you have seen and glass doors from the bedroom to a large private deck. The main level living area opens onto a rear covered porch, pool with built-in spa and a separate 2 story guest house with living/dining and half bath down and large bedroom and full bath upstairs."
If you have friends or a large family, this house at 1221 Margaret Street is for you. CLICK HERE for more detailed info an dphotos. the place for you. There is room for living on all three floors of the main residence. The cottage is fully contained so your guest that don't want to leave Key West can stay there and not eat and drink you out of house and home. There are two off street parking spots. The house and cottage total 2996 sq. ft. The lost is 3472 sq. ft. and provides wide access on either side of the main house to the rear yard and cottage. The house has shutters that are easy to shut if we get a storm. There is landscaping, but not so much that you need to spend hours and hours maintaining it. The rear deck area is tiled in slate.
If you love Cuban food, El Siboney Cuban Restaurant is a short block to the north. The White Street shopping and art district is only four blocks east and the restaurants and art galleries of Upper Duval Street four blocks west. You can be wherever you want in minutes by foot, bike, or car.
This house is vacant and very easy to show. It has been on the market for quite a while. This is not a distress situation by any means. But this is a buyers market. If you would like to see 1221 Margaret Street (or any other house in Key West) please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. Let me help you find your new home in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (110)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.