Monday, February 9, 2009
This is how the listing Realtor describes the property located at 610 Olivia Street: "This renovated home is located just one block from world famous Duval Street in Historic Old Town Key West.Walk to clubs, restaurants, shopping and museums. Property is currently configured as a duplex with each unit offering one bedroom, one bath, central air conditioning, washer and dryer, dishwasher, range, refrigerator and one unit furnished. Off street parking and a large fenced yard with room for a pool are just a few of the amenities offered on this cozy cottage."
Two years ago (at my former real estate office) we had the properties next door to the east on the market where I hosted several open houses. Both houses sold to the same purchaser. The house at 612 Olivia and 616 Olivia sold to one buyer for the the combined price $4,850,000. The properties directly across the street from 610 Olivia are part of the Paradise Inn. I refer to the view across the street as being similar to Wisteria Lane on Desperate Housewives because the view is just perfect. That activity did not stop one buyer from spending a lot of money for a truly great residence.
610 Olivia is located just one block east of Duval Street. There are several notable restaurants nearby including Seven Fish and Pisces. And tons more. South Beach is about a five minute walk to the south.
I think this house at this location could work well for a buyer looking to purchase a second home in Key West that could be rented occasionally as a monthly vacation rental. There is room at the rear to add a good sized pool and add some needed landscaping. There is a large side yard that already provides ample off street parking.
The cute house at 610 Olivia Street is 875 sq ft and sits on a 3385 sq.ft. lot (91' x 37'). The new asking price is only $499,000 or $570 per sq. ft. As presently configured, the property has two bedrooms and two baths. CLICK HERE for more detailed information on this cute house and many more photos.
If you are looking to purchase a second home in Key West, please consider using me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you find the home of your dreams. I think you could do worse than have a neighbor that spent almost $5 million located right next door. Maybe that neighbor thinks the location is as charming as I do. And hopefully that you will too.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (153)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.