Monday, March 9, 2009
1731 Bahama Drive is located at the far east end of the Island of Key West. It's really far from the crazies that populate so much of Old Town some days. The little enclave of five streets with tropical sounding names is located between Flagler and the mangroves on the north side of the Key West International Airport. I laugh every time I write that name. I'm not quite sure planes go to or come from any international port of call.
Most of the houses in this area back onto one of the small canals that eventually feed into the Riviera Canal and that takes you directly to the Atlantic Ocean. Most of the residents in this area are full time Key Westers who own their own boats and use the canals for there intended purpose. Fun!
1731 Bahama Drive is not on a canal. It backs onto the mangrove to the east. That means no neighbors on the other side of the canal looking at you lounging around your pool. There is no canal. And there are no neighbors. Just lush mangroves.
The house is 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch built in 1965. It is 1203 sq feet and sits on a very large 5600 sq ft lot. the house has been updated and has a nice new kitchen.
For me, the main attraction is the back yard, covered patio, and that gorgeous pool. The grounds are beautiful and that pool is just inviting. The best part is the price: $435,000 or $362 per sq ft.
This is how the listing Realtor describes this house:"Priced to Sell! This is NOT a short sale. This home offers gracious living indoors and out! From the moment you pull into your circular driveway, bordered with mature native landscaping, you will appreciate that no detail has been overlooked. Each of the 3 bedrooms has an over sized closet. It has 2 baths, one of which is en suite to the large master bedroom. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances, side by side refrigerator, dual range and microwave. Beautiful counter tops, wood cabinetry and a handy pantry/utility room. Step outside to a brand new canvas covered sitting and barbecue area. To the left of the pool lays an open lawn area for outdoor games and/or entertaining." CLICK HERE to see more photos and read more detailed information on this property.
This isn't a short sale; it isn't bank owned; it won't take months or weeks or even days to get an answer on your offer. It's a nice home in a quiet location looking for a new family. (Yes, I know the airport is nearby. If this house were located in Casa Marina with the views and amenities, the price would be at least a million dollars higher.)
If you would like to see 1731 Bahama Dive, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642. Want to compare the relative merits of this house at his price to others in Key West? CLICK HERE to search the Key West Association of Realtors mls website. Set your search to single family homes price at or below $435,000 to see what you can buy for that amount. Then you will see why I think this is a good buy.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Dazed & Confused over Short Sales?
- 1209 Olivia Street - Back on the Market - Again!
- Peace in the Middle East of Key West - Short Sale
- 1018 Thomspon Lane - Old Town - Key West - Short ...
- Price Reduction - 712 Southard Street - Old Town K...
- Just Listed: 602 Southard St. Old Town Key West
- 3533 Flagler Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Kid Friendly in Key West
- You do the Math - Key West Potential Deals
- 25 years ago this week
- 614 Greene Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West House Hunters - Part Two
- Key West House Hunters - Tonight on HGTV
- 921 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pssst! I've got a Deal for You!
- Let's Do the Fifties Over Again
- 1731 Bahama Drive - Key West
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Open Hou...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- Open House(s) Sunday - Key West
- Fit for a Queen - 1215 Royal Street - Key West - B...
- Really BIG short Sale - 1307 Truman Avenue - Key W...
- 630 Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
- Invest in Key West
- February Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.