Tuesday, March 17, 2009
They've already started the party without you folks. I just went down to take a photo of 614 Greene Street and the area is a bustle of activity with people wearing O'the green. How appropriate they are doing it on Greene Street. If you think I jest, look at the photo above with the couple in green t-shits that read "St. Patrick's Day 2009".
Anyway, St. Patrick's Day or someday soon may be your lucky day if you were to buy 614 Greene Street which is located at the epicenter of tourist activity at the Historic Key West Seaport. The listing Realtor describes this Transient Licensed Property this way: "Located just steps from both Duval Street & the Historic Seaport this commercial store front plus 3 transient rental unit property is in the perfect Old Town spot. Behind the bustling street lies a peaceful garden where each renovated unit enjoys its' own private covered porch. Relax in the ambiance of a wonderful custom dip pool with natural seashell waterfall. Front unit is commercial, Captain's Quarters (2nd unit) is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, Crow's Nest (3rd unit) is a 1bedroom, 1bath & Pirate's Den is a freestanding 1 bedroom, 1bath bungalow. All units are offered fully furnished, turn-key including flat screen TV's & wireless internet access. Walking distance to all that Old Town Key West has to offer. OWNER SAYS SELL - MAKE OFFER!"
CLICK HERE to read more details on this property and see photos supplied by the listing Realtor. This property is a potential money maker for someone wanting a small hands-on day to day transient rental operation. I see the potential owner as someone who does not mind a little work to make a modest income from a property in a terrific location that may increase in value as the economy recovers. I can tell you this, the Monroe County Property Appraiser values the property highly. The location is what makes the modest buildings so valuable. That, and the ability to produce income either from transient rentals or other commercial activity that the Hrcc1 zoning permits. 614 Greene Street is not a Short Sale, but the seller is willing to entertain offers.
If you are thinking of buying a second home and potentially buy a small business in Key West, please call me, Gary Thomas 305.766.2642 or my associate Phil Wilson 305.394.4105. Phil has been in the commercial real estate business for years and either he or I may be able to help you put this deal together or maybe another property. Prices are low compared to years past, and there are some real buying opportunities.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (153)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Dazed & Confused over Short Sales?
- 1209 Olivia Street - Back on the Market - Again!
- Peace in the Middle East of Key West - Short Sale
- 1018 Thomspon Lane - Old Town - Key West - Short ...
- Price Reduction - 712 Southard Street - Old Town K...
- Just Listed: 602 Southard St. Old Town Key West
- 3533 Flagler Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Kid Friendly in Key West
- You do the Math - Key West Potential Deals
- 25 years ago this week
- 614 Greene Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West House Hunters - Part Two
- Key West House Hunters - Tonight on HGTV
- 921 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pssst! I've got a Deal for You!
- Let's Do the Fifties Over Again
- 1731 Bahama Drive - Key West
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Open Hou...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- Open House(s) Sunday - Key West
- Fit for a Queen - 1215 Royal Street - Key West - B...
- Really BIG short Sale - 1307 Truman Avenue - Key W...
- 630 Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
- Invest in Key West
- February Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.