Friday, March 6, 2009
Attention Locals and Visitors to Key West. There's a new shop in town that is unlike any other. That's because many of the treasures you will see are custom made right here in Key West for The Garden Cottage Key West located at 526 Southard Street, Key West, Florida 33040 (phone 305.296.9840). E-mail Domkeywest@gmail.com.
The Garden Cottage Key West is owned by Dominique Barrera and Laurie McChesney (both of Preferred Properties). They decided to convert the former offices of Preferred Properties into a shop that could offer one-of-a-kind fountains, lattice work, custom made potting benches made from Dade County Pine or pressure treated wood and gates made of iron or wood. There are also vintage and new treasures for the home or garden. And of course there are gifts and mementos unlike the kind you'll find at a dozen stores on Duval Street. (Our new offices are located at 520 Southard Street, just three doors to the west.)
There are mirrors, vintage flower pots, new flower pots, orchids, herbs, plants, & cacti. There is an antique English glider that arrived today. It's about 120 years old, re-furbished, and painted Kelly Green. Come by, sit down, relax converse. Sit in this glider and dream about living in Key West. You are sure to find something that you absolutely cannot live without.
Stop by and take a peek at the many treasures. Imagine what your home in Paradise or Peoria will look like with a special treasure of your trip to Key West. Tell Dom or Laurie that you heard about The Garden Cottage Key West in my blog and receive a 10% Discount on any item in the shop. How's that for having connections!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Dazed & Confused over Short Sales?
- 1209 Olivia Street - Back on the Market - Again!
- Peace in the Middle East of Key West - Short Sale
- 1018 Thomspon Lane - Old Town - Key West - Short ...
- Price Reduction - 712 Southard Street - Old Town K...
- Just Listed: 602 Southard St. Old Town Key West
- 3533 Flagler Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Kid Friendly in Key West
- You do the Math - Key West Potential Deals
- 25 years ago this week
- 614 Greene Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West House Hunters - Part Two
- Key West House Hunters - Tonight on HGTV
- 921 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pssst! I've got a Deal for You!
- Let's Do the Fifties Over Again
- 1731 Bahama Drive - Key West
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Open Hou...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- Open House(s) Sunday - Key West
- Fit for a Queen - 1215 Royal Street - Key West - B...
- Really BIG short Sale - 1307 Truman Avenue - Key W...
- 630 Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
- Invest in Key West
- February Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.