Sunday, March 15, 2009
Our very own Cory Held (Preferred Properties super agent) will be on HGTV's House Hunters tonight (March 15th at 7:30 PM EDT). Cory will be helping a couple planing to move from their Dillsburg, Pennsylvania horse farm to a million dollar home in the Florida Keys.
Let's all turn on the tube and see what happens. She did tell me that the episode was filmed a few months ago. It will be interesting to see what the buyers looked at and what the pricing was. Cory kept mum as to what the couple bought - or not!
I really like the House Hunters and House Hunters International shows. It is interesting to see what a few hundred thousand dollars can buy in various places compared to Key West. I know some people think our prices are still over-priced. Watch House Hunters and see what real people pay for real houses, especially in the House Hunters International series. One of the things I've noticed about the international episodes is the desire of buyers to be in a great location at a great location. You know what I mean: they want the best location at a destination they love. When confronted with choice of price versus dream fulfillment (size, features, amenities, superior location such as ocean front or "view" of whatever), it is fun to watch buyers struggle to decide what to do and how to justify their decision.
My buyers go through the same decision making struggles all the time. They typically want either an a cute Old Town house on a good block that has off street parking, a pool, and a good price--under $500,000. Some want the place done and others are willing to do some fix-up. Other buyers opt for the Casa Marina area because of its proximity to the beach and its distance from the hub-bub of Duval Street. Most realize they can't get a place in the Casa Marina area for $500,000, but that doesn't stop them from asking.
We got struggles, right here in Key West City. Ha!
That's Cory and her dog BINGO in the photos.
Watch Cory Held tonight on HGTV. But when you come to Key West, please call me to help you find your place in Paradise. Call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. CLICK HERE to search the Key West Association of Realtors official mls website. No Realtor (me included) will track you and start sending you emails.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Dazed & Confused over Short Sales?
- 1209 Olivia Street - Back on the Market - Again!
- Peace in the Middle East of Key West - Short Sale
- 1018 Thomspon Lane - Old Town - Key West - Short ...
- Price Reduction - 712 Southard Street - Old Town K...
- Just Listed: 602 Southard St. Old Town Key West
- 3533 Flagler Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Kid Friendly in Key West
- You do the Math - Key West Potential Deals
- 25 years ago this week
- 614 Greene Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West House Hunters - Part Two
- Key West House Hunters - Tonight on HGTV
- 921 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pssst! I've got a Deal for You!
- Let's Do the Fifties Over Again
- 1731 Bahama Drive - Key West
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Open Hou...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- Open House(s) Sunday - Key West
- Fit for a Queen - 1215 Royal Street - Key West - B...
- Really BIG short Sale - 1307 Truman Avenue - Key W...
- 630 Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
- Invest in Key West
- February Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.