Saturday, March 28, 2009
If you are looking for a pretty, clean, comfortable and peaceful place far from the Madding Crowds in Old Town, the Mid Town area of Key West has a great single family home that is a real Short Sale buying opportunity. 1712 Laird Street is located just two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and the nearby beaches.
Here is how the listing Realtor describes 1712 Laird Street: "This is a wonderful renovation of a concrete block house with high open ceilings, open floor plan and French doors that lead to a large deck and beautifully landscaped gardens. There are 2 bedrooms, 2 beautiful baths with a study that can be used as a third bedroom. Shell stone floors through out, walk-in closets and plentiful storage, central air, stainless steel appliances, beautiful hardwood counter tops and a good sized laundry room. Handsome privacy fencing, off street parking and plenty of room for a pool. This is a potential short sale that may be subject to third party approval."
You enter the property through a beautiful privacy fence into a yard filled with specimen palms and other exotic foliage. The grounds were designed by Ecoscape Landscaping. There is a sprinkler system and exterior lighting as well.
The interior is all very modern and the lines very clean. The living area is on the right side of the house and the eye is drawn to the gardens at the rear. It's as if the yard is saying "Come on outside!" The second bedroom is at front on the left side. There is a door that opens to the outside from that room. The master suite is at the rear. The bedroom has a vaulted ceiling and French doors open to the rear deck. Again, the rear yard beckons. The rear deck is sophisticated, just like the rest of the house. The house and gardens were designed. They did not just occur by happenstance. The marriage of the two makes the one so peaceful.
CLICK HERE to read more info on the house and see the photos. Better yet, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, to schedule an appointment to see this property. This is not your typical mid-town redo. Far from it. This house was orignally listed for sale in January 2007 at $995,000 and is now offered as a Short Sale for the asking price of $499,000 or just $333 for this 1500 sq ft house on a generous 5285 sq. ft. lot.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Dazed & Confused over Short Sales?
- 1209 Olivia Street - Back on the Market - Again!
- Peace in the Middle East of Key West - Short Sale
- 1018 Thomspon Lane - Old Town - Key West - Short ...
- Price Reduction - 712 Southard Street - Old Town K...
- Just Listed: 602 Southard St. Old Town Key West
- 3533 Flagler Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Kid Friendly in Key West
- You do the Math - Key West Potential Deals
- 25 years ago this week
- 614 Greene Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West House Hunters - Part Two
- Key West House Hunters - Tonight on HGTV
- 921 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pssst! I've got a Deal for You!
- Let's Do the Fifties Over Again
- 1731 Bahama Drive - Key West
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Open Hou...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- Open House(s) Sunday - Key West
- Fit for a Queen - 1215 Royal Street - Key West - B...
- Really BIG short Sale - 1307 Truman Avenue - Key W...
- 630 Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
- Invest in Key West
- February Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.