Monday, April 6, 2009
This is how the listing Realtor describes 1322 Thompson Street: "Captivating Key West home is the result of collaboration between designer & artist Debra Yates, renowned landscape architect Raymond Jungles & the current owners. The outdoor space is perfection with a spectacular pool with mosaic mural waterfall, large dining pavilion & meandering paths through the exotic tropical gardens. The interior has a style of simple elegance with cool white walls, travertine marble floors & an abundance of windows & pocketing glass doors. The 2 bedroom 2 bath main house has an open living space and a large master suite that opens to its own private porch and adjoining sundeck. The separate guest cottage is bright and consists of a bedroom & bath. Enter the gate of this private oasis and you may never want to leave."
Let me add this: it is better than that! CLICK HERE for more detailed info and lots of photos of the property.
I've shown 1322 Thompson Street twice in the past three weeks. It is one of those places that just knocks you over when you enter the property. I was stunned by the pool and gardens. And I fell in love with the simplicity of the design of the interior spaces. The living and dining areas flow into the kitchen which is a step down. That step breaks the visual continuity into two separate yet contiguous spaces.
The sliding glass doors in the living room open onto the pool area and that makes outside seem to be a part of the inside.
The master bed and bath is just killer. Oh, WoW! The bath picks up on the mosaic by the pool and elevates the shower to an art statement. Unbelievable. Your friends are going to want to come and shower with you when they see this space. (That could be a good thing or very scarry, depending on your friends.) The bedroom again is very simple. The covered outside lounge just off the bedroom looks more like Bali than Mid Town Key West. What a pad! There is a separate garden on the master bedroom side of the house.
The guest cottage is located near the master suite at the back of the garden on the south side of the house at the rear of the private garden on the master suit
The asking price on 1322 Thompson Street is just $875,000 or $564 per sq ft for this 1552 sq ft home that sits on a large 5610 sq ft corner lot. Let me add that sometimes people from up north fail to understand the value of landscaping.
A yard designed and installed by Raymond Jungles is normally out of the price range for most buyers. So to be able to purchase a house with a yard he designed for himself ought to make a serious buyer really take note. The gardens are lush with specimen plantings and trees. The plants and trees are mature and beautiful.
This place is really pretty. The super chic modern interiors may not work for those with a yen for an Old Town Conch House. But if you are open to new ideas and want a really beautiful place to call your home in Key West, please call me,Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642. Let me show you this truly remarkable property.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- The End is Near!
- 715 Ashe - Old Town - Key West
- Stressed to Excess in Key West
- Big Bad George
- Together We Have It All
- 726 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West - Transie...
- 6 Havana Lane Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- Quit Your Job, Move to Key West, and Become an "I ...
- 730 Fleming Street- Old Town - Key West
- Really Big - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Washington Street #101 - Casa Marina Area - S...
- Going Up?
- 1322 Thompson Street - Mid Town - Key West
- Good News on the Home Front - Key West
- Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
- March 2009 Key West Real Estate Sales Report
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.