Sunday, April 19, 2009
There is a new listing at 726 Fleming Street in the very heart of Old Town Key West that may interest you second home buyers that want a place you can rent to help pay part of the cost to buy the place. The listing agent, who is not located in Key West, and so far has not complied with our listing requirements and supplied any photos of the property, says this about the property: "LOCATED IN THE HEART OF KEY WEST!! THIS 2 BEDROOM, 2 BATHROOM BUNGALOW WITH HIGH CEILINGS HAS ONE OF THE FEW TRANSIENT RENTAL LICENSES!! DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THIS SPECIAL PROPERTY. NO NEED TO HAVE A CAR, WALK TO EVERYTHING! PRICED TO SELL." CLICK HERE to see all of the agent supplied information.
726 Fleming Street is located one house to the east of Love Lane. Love Lane is situated east of the Monroe County Library at the corner of Elizabeth and Fleming Streets. William Street is just about 125 feet east of the property. If you are familiar with those landmarks, you have a pretty good idea of the location. If you remember the house that was the subject of the This Old House renovation a few years back, 726 Fleming is right across the street to the south.
According to the listing agent, 726 Fleming Street is 792 sq. ft and sits on 1743 sq ft. lot. The asking price is $595,000 or $751 per sq ft. I have not been inside, but the house looks tidy from the street. You cannot beat the location. And the existence of a transient license which permits the owner to rent the property just like a hotel room for 365 days per year is a genuine bonus.
Please call me to see if this property meets your needs in a second home in Key West. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 to schedule a showing. I took some potential buyers past the house yesterday afternoon and there were people looking at that time even though there is no for sale sign on the property or photos in the mls.
This property probably will not last the week.So you better move quickly.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- The End is Near!
- 715 Ashe - Old Town - Key West
- Stressed to Excess in Key West
- Big Bad George
- Together We Have It All
- 726 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West - Transie...
- 6 Havana Lane Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- Quit Your Job, Move to Key West, and Become an "I ...
- 730 Fleming Street- Old Town - Key West
- Really Big - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Washington Street #101 - Casa Marina Area - S...
- Going Up?
- 1322 Thompson Street - Mid Town - Key West
- Good News on the Home Front - Key West
- Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
- March 2009 Key West Real Estate Sales Report
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.