Monday, April 13, 2009
If you read my blog regularly you know I'm really fond of William Street and Fleming Street. Well, the house at 730 Fleming Street CLICK HERE sits at the axis of both streets. So it enjoys a really great Old Town location just right for being close to everything. The front porch is also a great site to sit and watch the world go by. CLICK HERE to see a photo of the house from the 1970's. Hasn't changed. That's the beauty of old houses in Key West.
The property at 730 Fleming Street is currently listed for sale at the asking price of $1,050,000 or $500 per sq ft. The listing Realtor describes the property this way: "On the corner of Fleming and William Streets in the Heart of Old Town. Two homes totaling five bedrooms and three baths. The main house has four bedrooms and two baths, wood floors and walls, central a/c and a great room overlooking the beautiful gardens with room for a pool. The guest cottage has one bedroom and one bath plus a loft and its own private patio area. Off-street parking. Plans for renovation are available from one of Key West's award winning architects." There is a total of 2100 sq ft of living space on a 5112 (76' x 67') lot. You can't beat that location or the simple charm of this classic property.
I did a quick sampling of houses on Fleming Street and this house is the least expensive on a price per sq ft basis.
If you are thinking of buying a second home and like the Old Town area, please give me, Gary Thomas, a call at 305-766-2642. Let's take a look at this old house and see if it works for you. Add a pool and you may have the home of your dreams.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2014 (198)
- ► 2013 (238)
- ► 2012 (238)
- ► 2011 (256)
- ► 2010 (238)
- The End is Near!
- 715 Ashe - Old Town - Key West
- Stressed to Excess in Key West
- Big Bad George
- Together We Have It All
- 726 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West - Transie...
- 6 Havana Lane Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- Quit Your Job, Move to Key West, and Become an "I ...
- 730 Fleming Street- Old Town - Key West
- Really Big - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Washington Street #101 - Casa Marina Area - S...
- Going Up?
- 1322 Thompson Street - Mid Town - Key West
- Good News on the Home Front - Key West
- Open House - Palm Sunday - Key West
- Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
- March 2009 Key West Real Estate Sales Report
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (172)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.