Thursday, April 23, 2009
I'm not going after the former President!
Last week I urged my readers to quit their jobs, move to Key West, and become an "I used to be" by purchasing a great little property at 811 Fleming Street (CLICK HERE). That property went under contract on Wednesday, so you are outta luck on that one.
But, fear not, there is another opportunity awaiting some sharpie with an athletic background, or a resauranteur, or maybe just someone with a good business acumen. I'm talking about the new listing at 19269 Bad George Road on Sugarloaf Key. CLICK HERE. This is a Preferred Properties listing.
The listing agent describes this property thus: "Great opportunity to have your own Restaurant, Sports, and Leisure Club with large pool and hot tub on a private 2 acre lot complete with 3 clay court tennis courts. 150 seat Restaurant and Bar for SRX license capability. Also, two residential apartments with a renewable transient license. Many improvements have been made including 2-zone A/C in restaurant. This property is only 15 miles away from Key West!"
The restaurant includes both inside and outside dining and a separate sports bar area and poolside service. Many improvements have been made including two zone air conditioner in the restaurant and the enlargement of the kitchen with a $25,000 hood.
Many people that work in Key West live in the Sugarloaf Key area. It is 15 miles from Key West. Sugarloaf is also the location of many second homes for people that live up north in America. Not everyone wants to get in the car and drive to Key West every morning to go to the gym or play tennis. And not everyone that lives up there has a pool, although most live on canals or have water views. It looks to me like there is a captive audience of locals in the Sugarloaf area that would use a facility like this.
If you are thinking of relocating to the Keys and want to have something to do, you owe it to yourself to take a look at this property. To see this property please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- The End is Near!
- 715 Ashe - Old Town - Key West
- Stressed to Excess in Key West
- Big Bad George
- Together We Have It All
- 726 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West - Transie...
- 6 Havana Lane Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- Quit Your Job, Move to Key West, and Become an "I ...
- 730 Fleming Street- Old Town - Key West
- Really Big - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Washington Street #101 - Casa Marina Area - S...
- Going Up?
- 1322 Thompson Street - Mid Town - Key West
- Good News on the Home Front - Key West
- Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
- March 2009 Key West Real Estate Sales Report
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.