Saturday, April 4, 2009
Good News on the Home Front - Key West
Kudos to two fellow Realtors - Doug Mayberry and Bob Cardenas. Doug listed the big manse at 708 Eaton Street (next door to the former Calvin Klein House) for $2,675,000 and Bob produced the buyer that purchased the house on Friday for $2.4 million. CLICK HERE to see what the fuss is all about. Congratulations to both of you.
I used to own and live at 511 Eaton Street when it was known as Eaton Lodge. I sold it in 1995 but I know what the street sounds like during the day and at night. My place was about 125 feet east of Duval so I got to hear the noise from there as well.
I must admit that some days the noise can get annoying. Not all day. Tourists on motor scooters honking their horns for no reason at all. Or Choppers with no tail pipes making as much noise as they possibly can-on purpose so that you'll look at the old dude's hog. But that awful racket can be heard on side streets like William just as well.
But most of the time, and especially in the dog days of summer, the traffic is intermittent and not bothersome.
Some of the finest homes in Key West were built on Eaton Street and they were owned by some of the town's richest folk. (That's still the case today.) The sale of 708 Eaton Street is a re-affirmation of the staying power and value of grand old homes in the Old Town area of Key West (it sold for $724 per square foot and it is a big house - 3316 sq ft in fact). There are some nice big old houses still left on Eaton Street and several not so expensive places as well. CLICK HERE to see what you can buy on Eaton Street.
If you are looking to find a place in Key West please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. Don't wait too long to buy at historic low prices. Local banks are lending on single family home purchases.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- The End is Near!
- 715 Ashe - Old Town - Key West
- Stressed to Excess in Key West
- Big Bad George
- Together We Have It All
- 726 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West - Transie...
- 6 Havana Lane Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- Quit Your Job, Move to Key West, and Become an "I ...
- 730 Fleming Street- Old Town - Key West
- Really Big - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Washington Street #101 - Casa Marina Area - S...
- Going Up?
- 1322 Thompson Street - Mid Town - Key West
- Good News on the Home Front - Key West
- Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
- March 2009 Key West Real Estate Sales Report
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.