Friday, April 10, 2009
There is a really big short sale at 1418 Leon Street in the eastern section of the Casa Marina area of Key West. For the reader unfamiliar with the area, this house is located just north of Flagler Avenue and just east of White Street. It is a very short distance to the beaches to the south, Old Town to the north and west, and the shopping centers and airport to the east.
This is how the listing Realtor describes 1418 Leon Street: "Elegant & Luxurious Architect's Dream Home in the quiet and exclusive Casa Marina East neighborhood of Key West. Designed by award- winning, nationally acclaimed architect Michael Miller. Top quality finishes including American cherry wood floors, custom moldings, and dramatic marble floored entry. High ceilings, designer kitchen, bright and open floor plan flows to large Lanai with lush tropical gardens, large flagstone terrace and an inviting heated pool with waterfall. Private guest cottage and second floor bonus room add to privacy and comfort. Off-street parking for 2 vehicles. Widows walk with tree-top view and romantic sunsets. An Exquisite Property Showcasing the Best of Island Living. Short sale subject to lender approval."
This home is listed at the asking price of $1,995,000 or $663 per sq ft for the 3007 sq ft house. It sits on a large 6334 sq ft lot. (The property was originally listed for $3.6 million.) CLICK HERE to read more detailed information on this listing and view some great photos that show the features of this remarkable property.
I realize (sadly) that there are not a lot of buyers for a house in this price range. But for those of you that can swing a deal like this: listen up. The lender on this property is local. I expect that the local lender would be able to respond to a serious offer promptly and without all that fuss and delay we have heard so much about.
This property really is a big deal. If you are in the market for a great Key West property is a very comfortable location and you have the cash to make a significant purchase, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing. This is not my listing, but I know how to get you in the door. If you are looking for a place in Key West, but maybe not as large a place as this, CLICK HERE to search the real Key West Association of Realtors mls database. No one will call you and no one will track your whereabouts on the Internet. If you see something you like, send me an email at email@example.com and let me know if I can help you buy a place in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- The End is Near!
- 715 Ashe - Old Town - Key West
- Stressed to Excess in Key West
- Big Bad George
- Together We Have It All
- 726 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West - Transie...
- 6 Havana Lane Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- Quit Your Job, Move to Key West, and Become an "I ...
- 730 Fleming Street- Old Town - Key West
- Really Big - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Washington Street #101 - Casa Marina Area - S...
- Going Up?
- 1322 Thompson Street - Mid Town - Key West
- Good News on the Home Front - Key West
- Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
- March 2009 Key West Real Estate Sales Report
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.