Monday, April 20, 2009
Style. Grace. Warmth. Whimsy. Charm. Together they add up to quite a package when you are talking about a person or a house. Of course if you are talking about a person being at the right place at the right time is pretty important. And if you are referring to a house, location is most important! Don't we know it.
The new listing at 1108 Fleming Street has just about everything a discerning buyer could want. This is how the listing Realtor describes 1108 Fleming Street: "Beautifully appointed historic home on one of the most prestigious streets in Old Town Key West. Three bedroom conch house with guest cottage, inviting pool and off street parking. Open floor plan with high ceilings, french doors overlooking lush tropical yard. Large master suite with office area, family room with vaulted ceilings and bright, airy rooms. Deep lot goes through to Curry Lane with off street parking accessible from the lane. The quintessential Key West hideaway for the discerning buyer."
The last time this property was on the market it sold within a few days of being available. Times are more difficult today than they were then. But this old house is better and more cheerful than it was then. The house is bright and cheerful from front to back and bottom to top. Every room is different, but the entire place flows evenly and with purpose. The great room at the rear of the main house invites you out to the pool. The guest cottage at the rear invites you to come in and get cozy. You know you are in an old house. But everything inside is new so you are not fearful that something will break and cannot be fixed.
1108 Fleming Street is located at the far end of Fleming Street. It's a good six or seven minute walk to Duval Street and about the same time to get to the Historic Seaport. There are two convenience stores down on White Street and a couple of nifty restaurants within two blocks. Curry Lane runs behind the house and that is where the off street parking place is located.
The master suite is located on the second floor. There is a little sitting room or office outside the bedroom. There is a small set of French doors that separate the two areas. A little tag is affixed to the door handle. It reads: "We may not have it all together. But, together we have it all." This house has it all together in spades. What a perfect little Key West home. Style, grace, warmth, whimsy, charm, and location. (And off street parking!) 1108 Fleming Street is offered at $1,295,000 or $807 per sq ft. This is a really neat house. I don't think it will last long, even in this difficult market. CLICK HERE to read more info on this house and see more photos.
CLICK the following tags to see individual photos of the house: Kitchen, Guest Cottage Bedroom, Guest Cottage Exterior, Master Bedroom, Master Bath, Office off the Master Bedroom, Stairway.
1108 Fleming Street has Style,Grace,Warmth,Whimsy, Charm, and Location.If you want to have it all, please call me, Gary Thomas,305.766.2642, to schedule a showing. Town is very busy right now. Sales results for this month ought to be pretty encouraging.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- The End is Near!
- 715 Ashe - Old Town - Key West
- Stressed to Excess in Key West
- Big Bad George
- Together We Have It All
- 726 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West - Transie...
- 6 Havana Lane Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- Quit Your Job, Move to Key West, and Become an "I ...
- 730 Fleming Street- Old Town - Key West
- Really Big - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Washington Street #101 - Casa Marina Area - S...
- Going Up?
- 1322 Thompson Street - Mid Town - Key West
- Good News on the Home Front - Key West
- Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
- March 2009 Key West Real Estate Sales Report
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.