Thursday, April 2, 2009
Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
San Francisco isn't the only place with Chic Chicks, Painted Ladies that is. Key West has its own Painted Ladies. They hold court nightly under the street lamps on Truman Avenue between Duval Street and Whitehead Street. By coincidence, happenstance, or whatever, two of the old dames are now offered for sale.
409 Truman Avenue is located right at the corner of Whitehead and Truman. This very unique property is located one block from the Hemingway House. Three Bedrooms and three bath Conch house with central air and off street parking. The house is 1790 square feet and sits on a large 3918 sq ft lot. CLICK HERE to read more detailed information on the house but especially to see the quality photos of the house and lot. There is room for a pool! What'smore, the listing agent told me the seller is motivated to sell. 409 Truman has been reduced from $900,000 to $750,000 or $419 per sq ft. It's worth a look.
411 Truman Avenue is just next door. It is half the size of the house at 409 Truman, or just 800 sq ft. It is offered at $425,000 or $531 per sq ft. For that price you get a two bedroom one bath abode with off street parking. It offers a sunny loft with treetop view, newly remodeled kitchen, Corian counters, stainless steel appliances, fresh paint, impact windows and central AC. No room for a pool, however. CLICK HERE for more info and pics of 411 Truman.
If you would like to see either of these painted ladies (or any other property in Key West) please call me,Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. One very positive feature of owning either of these homes is the fact that neither you nor your guests will ever get lost and be unable to find your way from home. Everybody in Key West knows where the Painted Ladies are--under the street lamps on Truman.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (129)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- The End is Near!
- 715 Ashe - Old Town - Key West
- Stressed to Excess in Key West
- Big Bad George
- Together We Have It All
- 726 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West - Transie...
- 6 Havana Lane Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- Quit Your Job, Move to Key West, and Become an "I ...
- 730 Fleming Street- Old Town - Key West
- Really Big - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Washington Street #101 - Casa Marina Area - S...
- Going Up?
- 1322 Thompson Street - Mid Town - Key West
- Good News on the Home Front - Key West
- Wanna Buy a Painted Lady?
- March 2009 Key West Real Estate Sales Report
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.