Monday, May 4, 2009
So you have been coming to Key West for years and dream of "someday" moving here. You imagine what it would be like to get up in the morning and have coffee out by the pool under the palm trees listening to the birds cheep while you watch the butterflies flitter and the geckos dither. Maybe you love going over to the Green Parrot or down to Sloppy's and getting a little crazy and think to yourself, I could do that all the time. Or perhaps you dream of being able to do something adventurous like parasailing, snorkeling, biking, or canoing through the mangroves whenever you want.
You regret not having bought years earlier when prices were cheaper. You remember that special house you saw at a Sunday afternoon Open House and say to yourself "I should have bought that place." But you didn't.
CLICK HERE to do your own personal search of houses for sale in Key West. You set the price range and see what is available today. Tomorrow, surely one of two of the properties you see will be gone. I expect more new properties will be listed, especially condos and townhomes in on the eastern side of the island. But there is a limited amount of single family houses under a million bucks in the Old Town area.
1015 Eaton Street is listed as a short sale at the asking price of $995,000. This house is a classic eyebrow house that has been tastefully restored. It has four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a new addition at the back with a large great room and kitchen that open onto the long and inviting pool and spa. The living area has a fireplace for those two or three days a year there is a bit of a nip in the Key West air. The great room doors open accordion style so that the entire outside becomes part of the inside. The master bed and bath are on the ground floor. The bath opens onto the spa making a late night dip just too inviting. And if you have looked at eyebrows before and been disappointed by "dinky" bedrooms, look at this house. The bedrooms are large and the ceilings tall. That means those rooms are actually livable. A claim not all eyebrows can make.
1015 Eaton Street is a listing of Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc. While this is not my listing, I hosted an Open House there and have spent enough time there to get a real feel for the house. I loved it. The kitchen and baths are new so you won't feel like you are roughing it like you might in many old Key West houses. The bedrooms are good sized so you have more room than to crawl into a bed. If you have looked at other eyebrow houses you know what I mean. But the really neat feature is the way that the back end of the house totally opens onto the pool area. You move to Key West to enjoy the outside. And the outside here is just wonderful. The one thing this house does not have is off street parking. If this were to be your second home, you can easily store your Key West car in the public garage which is one block away. (I believe the monthly storage fee there is $100.)
CLICK HERE to see more photos and read the detailed information on 1015 Eaton Street. This house is a short sale that is offered at $995,000 or $573 per sq ft. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a showing of this classic Key West Old Town property.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (110)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Two-Fers on Peacon Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town Key West - Short Sale...
- Fore! - Thought - Key West Golf Club
- Her Dog Ate Her Homework & She Didn't Get the Memo...
- The Key West Bank Dick - Part Two
- Half-Price in Key West
- The One that Got Away!
- Casa Marina - Short Sale - Do It Your Own Way
- 1119 Von Phister Sreet - Key West - Bank Owned
- Verry Interesting!
- 604 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- Oh, Dear!
- 630 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank ...
- 800 Elizabeth - Old Town Key West Renovation Proje...
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Eyebrow ...
- April Sales Recap for Key West
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.