Friday, May 8, 2009
This is how the listing Realtor (who is also the owner) describes 604 Elizabeth Street: "Perhaps the perfect house in the perfect location, the 600 block of Elizabeth Street, 3BR/2.5 BA, very near Solares Hill. Recent renovations with easy island living in mind, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, dense foliage,heart shaped cocktail pool for those romantic Key West evenings, off street parking, open living/dining area, and much, much more. Must be seen to be appreciated Recent appraisal available for review!!" CLICK HERE for more info and photos of this house.
Let me add a few comments. The location is great. The house is located two blocks from Duval and just steps from Southard Street. So it's a quick walk to the shopping, restaurants, and nightlife but not near enough to hear it. The neighboring houses are a mix of super expensive to moderate, but nothing cheap. The house directly behind 604 Elizabeth Street (620 Southard Street) is on the market for a mere $14,400,000. Not a typo.
You enter the property through a white picket fence into a brick courtyard complete with a bubbling fountain and gated off street parking. There is a two story front porch for people viewing and navel contemplation. (The yard isn't all that large so you will have time to contemplate something.)
The main level is shared by the kitchen and living area. There are three sets of French doors that open onto the pool at the rear. The present owner replaced just about everything in this house which was originally constructed in 1997. (Not a typo.) All the materials are high end and the quality of the materials and installation of materials shows.
The owner removed one interior wall at the top of the stairs to create an open office area (wall could be replaced to restore use as bedroom) with access to the second floor front porch. There are three or four transoms between the office area and the master bedroom at the rear that create a clever source of additional (but subdued) light in the master bedroom. The master bedroom has a little Romeo & Juliet balcony where you can peer down to the pool. The master bath and closet were totally revamped and the result is two great spaces that you normally do not see in Key West houses in Old Town. This house actually was designed to be lived in. There is a (third) bedroom also on the second floor and that has its own door onto the front porch.
604 Elizabeth Street is now offered at $1,249,000 or $797 per sq ft. The house has 1568 sq ft of real living space situated on a 2528 sq ft lot (79' x 32') in a great Old Town location. If you would like to see this really attractive home, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I think you will be in for a very pleasant surprise. I can email you more photos if interested.
CLICK HERE to search the real Key West Association of Realtors mls database. No one (including me) will track your moves on the internet or send you emails by using this official site. If you see something you like, pleas call me or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc, an affiliate of Christie's Great Estates.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Two-Fers on Peacon Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town Key West - Short Sale...
- Fore! - Thought - Key West Golf Club
- Her Dog Ate Her Homework & She Didn't Get the Memo...
- The Key West Bank Dick - Part Two
- Half-Price in Key West
- The One that Got Away!
- Casa Marina - Short Sale - Do It Your Own Way
- 1119 Von Phister Sreet - Key West - Bank Owned
- Verry Interesting!
- 604 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- Oh, Dear!
- 630 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank ...
- 800 Elizabeth - Old Town Key West Renovation Proje...
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Eyebrow ...
- April Sales Recap for Key West
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.