Friday, May 22, 2009
Fore! - Thought - Key West Golf Club
Forethought: "n. A thinking or planning beforehand; prescience; premeditation; forecast; provident care."
If you keep track of sales activity in Key West you may have noticed a flurry of activity in the past few weeks at the Key West Golf Club community. During the past couple of years there have been numerous foreclosures and related short sales that have driven down the asking and selling prices at the Key West Golf Club. I'm not reporting anything new. But the flurry of recent buying may be a signal we are at or near the bottom of the market, at least at the Golf Course.
CLICK HERE to view townhome sales at the Key West Golf Course over the past year. There was only one single family home sale (CLICK HERE) during the same time period. It sold for $735,500 in June 2008.
I also generated a report CLICK HERE of active listings for townhomes at the Golf Course. CLICK HERE to see a separate list for single family homes at the Golf Course. Try a Google Map search of the street address to get a better feel what the surrounding area looks like. Just like everywhere else on this planet, location means a lot. And in this instance, some "lots" are more valuable because of their location than others. Also, checkout the individual listings for photos of the interior and exterior. Asking price is not always a predictor of a good location or quality finishes of a townhome or single family home. Some townhomes and some single family homes have private pools. So you really need to view each listing separately.
My suggestion: use some forethought and consider buying a townhome or single family home at the Key West Golf Course community. Prices are low but demand may be rising. Get a good deal before the good deals are all gone.
If you see a property you like, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me help you find your place in Paradise. If you haven't been to the Golf Course in awhile, the view at the end of Golf Club Drive just as you enter The Sanctuary is absolutely beautiful. (I took the above photo last Friday.)
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- Two-Fers on Peacon Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town Key West - Short Sale...
- Fore! - Thought - Key West Golf Club
- Her Dog Ate Her Homework & She Didn't Get the Memo...
- The Key West Bank Dick - Part Two
- Half-Price in Key West
- The One that Got Away!
- Casa Marina - Short Sale - Do It Your Own Way
- 1119 Von Phister Sreet - Key West - Bank Owned
- Verry Interesting!
- 604 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- Oh, Dear!
- 630 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank ...
- 800 Elizabeth - Old Town Key West Renovation Proje...
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Eyebrow ...
- April Sales Recap for Key West
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.