Monday, June 8, 2009
Want to live far from the Madding Crowd? Want to have a place where you will feel confident nobody, but nobody will ever build a place that can look down onto your pool or make noise that will wake you up at the crack of 3:00 AM? Consider becoming my neighbor by buying the really sweet home at 1020 Von Phister Street in the Casa Marina Area of Key West.
1020 Von Phister Street is described this way by the listing Realtor:
"This extraordinary home was custom designed and built with master craftsmanship in 2002 by an award-winning architect. Situated on a beautiful block of the Casa Marina area, the property has 3 bedrooms plus an office, 4 bathrooms, a gourmet kitchen, large windows for light and off street parking for 2 cars. An outdoor shower on the second floor master bedroom porch has wonderful privacy and serene views of the gardens and pool."
This is not an ordinary "house". The architecture and design lets you know upon entry that you are someplace "special". The formal entry entices you to walk through to the living room with its two story view of the pool and garden. Each of the two bedrooms on the main level have a private bath and private veranda. The stairway to the second floor has windows with muted views of the garden to the east. Then you enter the large master suite with his and hers (or in Key West his and his, or hers and hers) bathrooms. The master suite has a built in book ledge that overlooks the living room below and the pool and gardens. If that isn't enough, the master suite has its private second floor veranda which would be great for some stunning sunning. And there is a even a private outdoor shower CLICK HERE with obscured views of the forest primeval next door. (That property runs from Flagler to Von Phister with a depth of 199 feet and a width of 52.75 feet. CLICK HERE to see the stand of huge trees that will not be taken down during the lifetime of anyone reading this blog.) Those trees provide so much privacy that I want to buy this house.
The house next door to the east is a second home for somebody else. The other properties in the neighborhood are mostly single family homes on large lots.
This particular area has a lot of mahogany and other tall trees that make the streets particularly beautiful. Von Phister Street runs parallel to Flagler Avenue which leads to the Casa Marina Hotel two blocks west. Von Phister is very quiet street close to everything, yet far enough away not to be in the middle of anything. You can walk to the beaches in five minutes or less. You can ride your bike to one of about seven gyms or yoga places within 5 blocks. There's a nearby grocery store, a Dairy Queen, some art galleries, a paint store, some churches, etc. But none are that close. You have to go leave the sanctity of Von Phister to go back to the real world. It's not that far. But it is far enough.
This is the deal. 1020 Von Phister Street was under contract until last week. Something happened and the property is now back on the market and it is now priced at $1,299,000 or $657 per sq ft. The house is 1977 sq ft and sits on a large 4558 sq ft lot (46.75 x 97.25) lot. The house is only seven years old, and it is really a beauty. The owner of this house has already purchased another house a block or so away. This is not a distress sale!
CLICK HERE for more detailed information and photos of this sweet home. I live across the street and to the east just a tad bit. I love living in this area. And I am really serious about the beauty of this very special home. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 to schedule a showing of this property. You will be very pleasantly surprised.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Watson Up, Doc? Ugh, I Mean Down!
- Key West Florida - Casa Marina area Deals
- Going "Realtor"
- 710 Chapman Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1209 Olivia Street- SOLD - Short Sale that Happene...
- Bank Owned in Key West - My Thoughts
- 1216 White Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 911 Watson Street - Old Town - Key West Treasure
- 1119 Catherine Street - Short Sale - Key West
- Bewitched - Act Two
- 730 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 416 Margaret Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1105 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- 529 Olivia Street with Transient License - Key Wes...
- 1020 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area - Key W...
- New Bank Owned Houses - Key West
- Good Deals - Recent Key West Sales
- "My seller does not want to lose any money."
- Key West Bottom Feeders - Part Two
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.