Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Just Listed (but not by me!) 1105 Washington Street in the Casa Marina Area of Key West. This 1960 vintage ranch has been recently updated. I know, I live nearby and watched the workers doing all kinds of things to the property during the past couple of years. The house has 1415 sq ft of living space and sits on a 4035 sq ft lot. The house has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. 1105 Washington Street is offered at only $750,000 or $530 per sq. ft. The listing Realtor points out that "this is not a short sale".
The listing Realtor describes the house this way: "A really nice home located in the Casa Marina area and just a few blocks from the beach. There is an additional bonus room with seperate entrance to be used as a bedroom, office or workout room. Master bedroom has a suana bath. Kitchen is equipped with stainless appliances. There is also a wetbar that seperates the livingroom and diningroom." (I copied it exactly.) CLICK HERE to see the photos and more detailed info on the house. There is no pool and I don't recall that there is room to add a pool. But there is plenty of privacy.
The house directly across the street (my neighbor to the rear) is a massive estate property that occupies a size able plot of land. It has been under renovation for the past two years. It is a great property that is always maintained and would be a charm to look at each day you go out to walk the dog. The house next door to the west is equally charming. The house next door to the east is a Key West landmark (Guest Cottage photo here). The beaches are nearby. Shopping is within walking distance. You can get to the airport or the shopping centers in about 5 minutes. And Old Town is a quick bike ride away. But the neighborhood with the big trees and big lawns is why you want to live in this part of town.
At an asking price of only $750,000, I think this house ought to sell fairly quickly. I know it does not have the essential pool that so many buyers want. But that big ocean a few blocks away is awfully inviting and you don't have to pay a pool boy $100 per month. Instead you can walk over to Louie's Backyard and have cocktails every Saturday evening. Life is made up of choices.
If you would like to see 1105 Washington please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc. We are an affiliate of Christie's Great Estates.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- Watson Up, Doc? Ugh, I Mean Down!
- Key West Florida - Casa Marina area Deals
- Going "Realtor"
- 710 Chapman Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1209 Olivia Street- SOLD - Short Sale that Happene...
- Bank Owned in Key West - My Thoughts
- 3 Casa Roma Lane - Bank Owned - Key West
- 1216 White Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 911 Watson Street - Old Town - Key West Treasure
- 1119 Catherine Street - Short Sale - Key West
- Bewitched - Act Two
- 730 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 416 Margaret Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1105 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- 529 Olivia Street with Transient License - Key Wes...
- 1020 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area - Key W...
- New Bank Owned Houses - Key West
- Good Deals - Recent Key West Sales
- "My seller does not want to lose any money."
- Key West Bottom Feeders - Part Two
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.