Friday, June 26, 2009
Think quick. Be prepared to act quicker. This property is so cute, so well done, and so affordably priced it likely will be under contract within a couple of days. The new listing (but not mine) at 710 Chapman Lane in the Bahama Village section of Old Town Key West was just listed at the incredible price of only $400,000 or $333 per sq ft.
CLICK HERE to see the listing info provided by the listing Realtor.
You can tell a lot about a property by a picture. I wish I were a better photographer. The pics I took do not do this house justice. But you may help you to appreciate all of the love that went into creating this house.
CLICK HERE to see the bricked courtyard entryway with a gurgling fountain CLICK HERE surrounded by hibiscus and other plants. Look up at the CLICK HERE custom shutters that set off the front porch so smartly.
The listing Realtor allowed me to take photos for a potential buyer who decided he could not make an offer. But I have to tell you that when I saw the outside I was really excited to see the inside. The listing Realtor opened the door and I saw a really bright, cheerful, and super clean entry hallway CLICK HERE. Off to the immediate right is the large master bedroom CLICK HERE and master bath. Unlike so many vintage Conch houses, the bedroom here was large and actually livable. I looked quickly at the master suite, but I was so captivated by the entry that I was like a kid at Christmas: I wanted to see what was at the back of the house.
There is a large dining area located at the end of the entry hallway. It shares space with the open and inviting kitchen with the living room just to the rear. There is an open stairway at the far side of the dining area that provides access to the two bedrooms and bath on the second floor. Every inch of the second floor is used creatively. The result is pure charm.
Just off the rear of the house is a good sized yard that I think is large enough for a decent pool. And I don't mean a cocktail pool. I can't guarantee anything, however.
Almost all of the neighboring houses have been redone. Chapman Lane runs just one block and is accessed off Petronia and Angela Streets. It's an easy two or three minute walk to Duval Street. The new Key West boardwalk will be a two or three minute walk when it is completed.
I hope I've got your attention. This place is really sweet. If your "other" Realtor didn't tell you about this, forget him or her. Please call me , Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, to schedule an appointment.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Watson Up, Doc? Ugh, I Mean Down!
- Key West Florida - Casa Marina area Deals
- Going "Realtor"
- 710 Chapman Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1209 Olivia Street- SOLD - Short Sale that Happene...
- Bank Owned in Key West - My Thoughts
- 3 Casa Roma Lane - Bank Owned - Key West
- 1216 White Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 911 Watson Street - Old Town - Key West Treasure
- 1119 Catherine Street - Short Sale - Key West
- Bewitched - Act Two
- 730 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 416 Margaret Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1105 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- 529 Olivia Street with Transient License - Key Wes...
- 1020 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area - Key W...
- New Bank Owned Houses - Key West
- Good Deals - Recent Key West Sales
- "My seller does not want to lose any money."
- Key West Bottom Feeders - Part Two
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.