Thursday, June 4, 2009
Good Deals - Recent Key West Sales
No Good Deed should go unnoticed. There were three sales that hit the mls since June first that I believe are worth noting.
I wrote about 811 Southard Street on December 21st. It was a short sale. It originally listed for $5,300,000 and sold for $2,500,000 or $656 per sq ft CLICK HERE. That is a great price for a great property in a very good Old Town location. Congratulations to Rudy and Roger.
I never got the chance to write about 1020 Southard Street CLICK HERE (the Gingerbread Man House) because it went under contract within a day or so of being listed. It sold at the list price of $1,975,000 or $760 per sq ft. The Gingerbread Man House was renovated a few years ago by the same duo that recently renovated 728 Love Lane. The pretty as a picture house at 728 Love Lane house is on the market now and is priced at $1,795,000. CLICK HERE.
The Buyer of 1020 Southard Street has their "old house" at 1108 Fleming Street on the market. CLICK HERE for more info on this house priced at $1,295,000. I wrote about it CLICK HERE. If you are a serious buyer for a great house in Old Town, consider this property. Remember, the current owner just purchased a very expensive house a block away. Hint! Hint!
Another house I wrote about also closed this week. CLICK HERE to read what I wrote about 924 Flagler Avenue in the Casa Marina area. It was listed for $1,500,000 and sold for $1,250,000 or $606 per sq ft. The house is as original as any I have seen in Key West, and it has been lovingly maintained by the same family since it was built in 1935. The new owner bought a Key West treasurer. Mitzi Krabill represented the seller and I represented the buyer. Congratulations Tim. And Merry Christmas.
Good Deeds, indeed! Each of the three houses I mentioned are important houses in Key West. I'm sure there will be a few readers that think the buyers paid a lot. Wait a couple of years. These buyers will be remembered for the great deals they got.
If you are thinking of buying a place in Key West, you might want to put your property search in full gear. The market of available good houses in good locations is shrinking. CLICK HERE to search the official Key West Association of Realtors mls website. If you see a property that interests you, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. You don't have to pay a million bucks to get a good deal. But you will never get a good deal if you don't make an effort.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Watson Up, Doc? Ugh, I Mean Down!
- Key West Florida - Casa Marina area Deals
- Going "Realtor"
- 710 Chapman Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1209 Olivia Street- SOLD - Short Sale that Happene...
- Bank Owned in Key West - My Thoughts
- 1216 White Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 911 Watson Street - Old Town - Key West Treasure
- 1119 Catherine Street - Short Sale - Key West
- Bewitched - Act Two
- 730 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 416 Margaret Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1105 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- 529 Olivia Street with Transient License - Key Wes...
- 1020 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area - Key W...
- New Bank Owned Houses - Key West
- Good Deals - Recent Key West Sales
- "My seller does not want to lose any money."
- Key West Bottom Feeders - Part Two
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.