Monday, June 29, 2009
Key West Florida - Casa Marina area Deals
I feel the need to crow about a sale occurred late Friday afternoon. I guess you could call it an "inside job" because the Listing Realtor and Selling Realtor are both agents at Preferred Properties in Key West. Congrats Cory and Dan. That's where I work.
1021 Johnson closed Friday afternoon at the sales price of $1,800,000 or $592 per sq ft. There are two factors that make this particular sale noteworthy. CLICK HERE to see 1021 Johnson Street.
I first wrote about this property in March 2008 when it was then a bank owned asset. CLICK HERE to see what I wrote then, if you care. I showed the house several times and I told people the place was a good deal at the "then" asking price. It was. It got purchased. It got improved. It was re-listed on May first, this time by Preferred Properties, for the asking price of $1,995,000. It went under contract within a couple of days. And there were people wanting to show it even after it went under contract. The Selling Agent told me "It was like real estate in 2004" all over again.
That is pretty amazing when you consider the amount of other large properties on the market in Key West. Yet, when you consider what the buyer got for his money, he got a really good deal. The houses is all nice and new on the inside. The outside is pretty, lush and green. The pool is huge and inviting. You cannot beat the outstanding Casa Marina location where there numerous similarly large homes with big lawns, big pools, and big price tags. The streets are wide and the neighbors are far enough removed that you don't hear them sneeze (or whatever!).
The Casa Marina Resort is a block away. (It has a very luxurious beach, gym, spa, and all the hoopla of a major resort.) And then there is Higgs Beach just next door to the east. Actually, there are three beaches within a two minute walk. I drove by this morning and saw the sand maintenance guy grooming Higg's Beach. It has a recently refurbished pier where you can walk out and dive into the ocean. There are nearby public tennis courts and parking. Higg's Beach has chair rentals and volleyball nets. But beaches are free so bring your towel and watch the sights. The Astro Land kiddie playground is located across the street. Salute Restaurant, now managed by the same people that run Blue Heaven is located just to the rear of the volleyball nets. The view at Salute is so damned great! A minute east is the Key West Garden Club. (If you love gardening, this is your new place to hang.) Just a few steps to the east is yet another beach, then the Key West AIDS Memorial. Down at the end of the White Street Pier there is fishing. Yep, I've been out there fishing at 11:00 PM. Caught an eel there once just around that time. Should have gone fishing earlier, I guess. And if you walk just a few feet further to the east there are even more beaches and sandy dunes. There are beaches with tourists and private places as well. All are within a few minutes of any house in the Casa Marina area.
All is not lost, dear reader. Preferred Properties has another Key West treasure located at 906 Johnson Street that was recently reduced to $2,695,000 or $724 per sq ft. CLICK HERE see all the features of this 3720 sq ft estate type home that sits on a commanding 10,750 sq ft lot on one the best streets in Key West. This is one of the most beautiful homes in all of Key West. It has everything a buyer that wants the very best demands. The architecture is stunning. The rooms are large and livable. There is space for live-in help. There is a separate writer's cottage and also a separate guest house with its own small kitchen and bath. The master bedroom on the second floor has a partial view of the Atlantic Ocean that is just one block to the south. Not everybody can afford a grand home like this. But it you are one of the few that can, you really ought to look at 906 Johnson Street. It is priced to sell.
If you would like to schedule a visit to 906 Johnson Street (or any other house in Key West, please give me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, a call. Or contact me by e-mail at email@example.com. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc. We are an affiliate of Christie's Great Estates. I live in the Casa Marina area. I love it. You will, too.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Watson Up, Doc? Ugh, I Mean Down!
- Key West Florida - Casa Marina area Deals
- Going "Realtor"
- 710 Chapman Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1209 Olivia Street- SOLD - Short Sale that Happene...
- Bank Owned in Key West - My Thoughts
- 1216 White Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 911 Watson Street - Old Town - Key West Treasure
- 1119 Catherine Street - Short Sale - Key West
- Bewitched - Act Two
- 730 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 416 Margaret Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1105 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- 529 Olivia Street with Transient License - Key Wes...
- 1020 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area - Key W...
- New Bank Owned Houses - Key West
- Good Deals - Recent Key West Sales
- "My seller does not want to lose any money."
- Key West Bottom Feeders - Part Two
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.