Monday, July 6, 2009
Say all the bad things you want about Eaton Street being a bad location. I can hear the chorus getting ready to sing. Throw in that 1124 Eaton Street is BANK OWNED and is about as much "undone" as it is "done", and you have a really bad deal. Except all of those negatives are already priced into the asking price of 1124 Eaton Street. It is offered at only $156,420 or $121 per sq ft.
1124 Eaton Street is located one house to the west of the corners of White and Eaton Streets. That has got to be one of the busiest streets on our little island. Traffic does die down at night, but it is busy during the daytime. The house is located across the street from The Restaurant Store. CLICK HERE to see a view looking out of the second floor window.
Somebody started to do some nice renovations. The kitchen has been roughed in. There is a laundry room without any appliances. The living room has what appears to be new floors (as does the kitchen). There is even a powder room on the main level. Upstairs you need to avoid the hole in the floor. I'm not kidding. It is dangerous. But it can be fixed. There are two bedrooms-one at the front and one at the rear. And set in between the two bedrooms is a master bath that was really nicely done. The toilet and sinks are missing. I don't know if someone removed them or if they never got installed. But those are not big ticket items in either case.
The room sizes actually work. The house is bigger on the inside than it appears from the outside. Or so it seemed to me. I have no idea as to the condition of the plumbing, electrical, or anything else except I can say without equivocation the house needs tented. Termites have worked their way around this house over many years. The place needs HARC approved windows and door installed. The outside needs scraped, cleaned, and a new coat of paint applied. The roof should probably be replaced and with HARC's approval, the ugly lean-to carport replaced with something a little more suitable. I would add birkc pavers and some landscaping and re do the front porch. CLICK HERE to see what I think 1124 Eaton Street could look like.
CLICK HERE to see the detailed info an photos supplied by the listing Realtor. I think this house will be under contract later today. So if you are looking to buy a Key West fixer at a good price, don't scratch your head an analyze this to death. A property like this is either something you can do yourself and are willing to live with or it isn't. The location will never change, but you can improve the house.
If you are seriously interested in making an offer on this property, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Major Casa Marina Short Sales - Key West Florida
- What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life? Will You...
- 922 Thomas Street - Bahama Village - Key West
- 1115 Georgia Street - Key West - Priced to Sell
- Shangri-La in the Florida Keys - SOLD
- Will "History" Repeat Itself ----- 1124 Wil...
- 3632 Sunrise Drive - Key West, Florida
- 809 Sawyer Alley - Old Town - Key West
- Snap! Thud! Ouch ! ! !
- 1717 Atlantic Boulevard - Key West, Florida
- 1019 Flagler Avenue - The Big House - Key West
- 726-728 United Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Key West Florida
- 917 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1124 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Own...
- "What door's will open for you?"
- 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina area - Key West
- June 2009 - Key West - Real Estate Sales
- Just Listed - 814 Carey Lane - Old Town - Key West...
- ▼ July (19)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.