Tuesday, August 4, 2009
One of my very favorite homes in Key West just became a short sale. Some buyer is going to own one of the very best houses in all of Key West for a fraction of what it is worth. They don't make houses like this anymore. And you could not duplicate this house if you were to try to build a new one. The cost would be prohibitive.
906 Johnson Street is a 3720 sq ft estate type property situated on a 10,750 sq ft lot located one block from the Atlantic Ocean. You can see the Atlantic Ocean from the master bedroom and master bath on the second floor. The main house has a formal living room with fireplace and an informal family room overlooking the rear terrace. The west wing provides living quarters for staff. There is a separate dining area that overlooks the large pool and outdoor kitchen on the east side of the property. The master bedrooms and master bath have ocean views. These two rooms are just elegant without being prissy. There are two additional bedrooms on this floor-one even has a terrace overlooking the pool below. There is a fully contained guest cottage with living room, bedroom, small kitchen, and bath. Off to the far west you will find another casita or writer's cottage with its own bath.
CLICK HERE for more detailed information and to view photos of this property.
Entry to 906 Johnson Street is made through a formal gated entrance. Brick pavers encircle the entire property as do gardens filled with towering palms and assorted tropical plants. This place is a gardener's paradise.
Preferred Properties is the listing broker on 906 Johnson Street which is now listed at the short sale offering price of $1,769,000 or $476 per square foot. This is truly a great buying opportunity for a discerning buyer. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- 50 Seaside South Court -Key West - Bank Owned - L...
- Grand Bahmian - 1123 Washington Street - Key West
- 1021 Washington Street - Casa Marina Estate Proper...
- 728 Windsor Lane - Old Town - Key West
- See Click Fix
- Thank You Joe
- Don't Get Left at the Stable
- 622 William Street - Old Town - Key West - Short S...
- Key West - The Meadows Town Homes - Now Bank Owned...
- How Gay was My Villa?
- 524 White Street - Old Town - Key West - Short Sal...
- Are We There Yet?
- 631 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Dramatic Price Reduction - Casa Marina - Incredibl...
- Key West Real Estate Investment Properties
- Love Muscle? Buy this House in Key West!
- Affordable & Adorable - Key West Short Sale
- Reversal of Fortunes - Key West Real Estate
- 906 Johnson Street - Casa Marina Estate Property -...
- 810 Terry Lane - Short Sale - Key West
- Southard Street Selections - Old Town - Key West P...
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.