Saturday, August 8, 2009
Key West Real Estate Investment Properties
Some fool killed the Golden Goose. And most of the famed Money Trees in Key West got wiped out. But three investment properties in Key West just got a lot more affordable yesterday. I wanted to share those potential buying opportunities with you before someone else beats me to the punch.
I don't have any insider information on these properties other than the units are part of an estate that is liquidating some of the remaining assets. These properties are not short sales. Each property is located in the Old Town area and currently provide "workforce" housing.
919-921 Southard Street has three legal units and sits on a very large (5075 sq ft) lot on a great Old Town block. The listing Realtor suggest the property "could easily be converted back to single family for the creation of a wonderful estate. In heart of Old Town and midst of multi-million dollar properties! House sits on one side of Double lot which provides room for expansion. In Bank Trust. Sold AS IS; Current incomes are month to month as follows: 1. 2/1 Rear down $1100 2. 1/1 down $900, 3. 1/1 up $850. Owner pays water sewer, and garbage." The location is killer! I'd keep the facade and tear down everything behind it. I showed this property a year ago. This place could be a spectacular renovations and expansion. CLICK HERE for more info. This property is now offered at $650,000.
Locals and some returning visitors may know where 1130 Elgin Lane is located, but for everyone else it sits on a small one way lane Just west of White Street between Eaton Street to the north, Fleming Street to the south. If you know where Blossom's Market is on White Street, 1130 Elgin Lane is not far away. CLICK HERE for a pic of Elgin Lane. The listing Realtor says this: "Located on Cute little lane within walking distance of old town and Amenities! 4 units and an extra 832 sq ft. building for storage. Tenants pay all utilities except electric for storage. Month to month rentals: A. 1/1 $850, B. 1/1 $850, C. 2/1 $1200, D. 2/1 $1200 E. Storage. Upstairs 2 bedroom units are two story with bedrooms on 2nd level of units. Charming appointment. Sale subject to Bank Approval and sold AS IS. This is not a short sale or forclosure. Priced right!" 1130 Elgin Lane is now offered at $450,000 or $146 per sq ft. CLICK HERE for more details and photos.
915 Pohlaski Lane is across the lane from the Coffee Mill Dance & Yoga Studio just off Truman near White Street and directly behind the Chevron Gas Station. 915 Pohlaski Lane is the least expensive of the three properties. It is offered at just $399,000 or only $121 per sq ft. The listing Realtor described Pohlaski this way: "Established 3 Unit 2 story building with extra fenced side yard on small Lane just off Truman. All Tenants month to month. Great Location for local old town residents. Just a bike ride to Duval. Sale subject to Bank approval. Rents are month to month as follows: Unit 1: 1/1 down $765 tenant pays all util, Unit 2: 2/1 down $1200 owner pays sew/garb, Unit 3: 2/1 up $1300 owner pays sew/garb. Unit 2 is a nice size 2 bedroom, fairly modernized, Unit 3 exra large with the 2 bedrooms being a combination of 2 rooms each and 2 loft areas to either side of living area, one currenty used as a bedroom. Units 2 & 3 both have washer/dryers. All come with refrigerator and stove as is. Some tlc needed. Good income producer possibilities!" CLICK HERE for more details and photos.
If you are looking to purchase an existing income producing property in the Old Town area of Key West, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or by e-mail at email@example.com, to schedule a showing on any of these properties. Since the units are tenant occupied, we must scheduled showings 24 hours in advance. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc. in Key West Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- 50 Seaside South Court -Key West - Bank Owned - L...
- Grand Bahmian - 1123 Washington Street - Key West
- 1021 Washington Street - Casa Marina Estate Proper...
- 728 Windsor Lane - Old Town - Key West
- See Click Fix
- Thank You Joe
- Don't Get Left at the Stable
- 622 William Street - Old Town - Key West - Short S...
- Key West - The Meadows Town Homes - Now Bank Owned...
- How Gay was My Villa?
- 524 White Street - Old Town - Key West - Short Sal...
- Are We There Yet?
- 631 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Dramatic Price Reduction - Casa Marina - Incredibl...
- Key West Real Estate Investment Properties
- Love Muscle? Buy this House in Key West!
- Affordable & Adorable - Key West Short Sale
- Reversal of Fortunes - Key West Real Estate
- 906 Johnson Street - Casa Marina Estate Property -...
- 810 Terry Lane - Short Sale - Key West
- Southard Street Selections - Old Town - Key West P...
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.