Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I tell buyers all the time you can never tell what is behind the facade of some of the houses in Key West. Preferred Properties just listed Casa Louisa at 622 Louisa Street, and boy did my remarks ever hold true. Gee Whiz!
622 Louisa Street is located at the upper end of the Duval corridor about 1 1/2 blocks east of Duval and 3 blocks from the Atlantic. So it is close to where vacationers want to be without being right in the mix. And that is the point. The place is quiet and serene and just so relaxing. When you enter the formal entryway CLICK HERE you know this place is "apart" from the typical Conch house. You look to the right and see the great room that is flanked by four sets of French doors that open onto the side and rear decks and pool area. Off to the side is the snazzy kitchen CLICK HERE and adjacent dining alcove CLICK HERE. Both look out toward the black bottom pool and waterfall and the newly constructed guesthouse with en-suite bath.
Off to the left of the front entry is bedroom is the master bedroom with en-suite bath. This space is large and inviting, but cozy at the same time. So many places in Old Town "make do" and end up having small spaces to actually live. Not the case here. The second bedroom is located opposite the entry hall and it also has an en-suite bath. Everything in every room is "done". Correctly.
When I saw the black bottom pool with the waterfall CLICK HERE my jaw dropped. Just awesome. The lot is very large for Old Town. The decks are large and provide ample room for sunning. Imagine that, a place with a large pool with shade and also sunshine. So many places have one or the other. Not this place. Oh, there is also a tented dining pavilion CLICK HERE. There is off street parking and a formal bricked entry path that leads guests to the front door. The places is not ostentatious, but boy is it gracious.
I would really like to show 622 Louisa Street to a buyer that wants the best. This property is used as a long term vacation rental and it generates substantial income during the year. Because of that, advance notice is required and viewing may be somewhat limited. Casa Louisa is offered at $1,299,000. CLICK HERE to view the detailed listing information and see some great photos of the property. Then please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to arrange a showing.
There is just one problem owing a place like Casa Louisa: if you want it to make money you can't use it. You need to share it. This property may be legally rented as a vacation rental for a period of twenty eight days or longer. The advance reservations in place convey with the property.
I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc., an affiliate of Christie's Great Estates. Let me help you fulfill your dream of owning a place in Paradise. CLICK HERE to search the Key West Association of Realtors mls database.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- 1019 Flagler Avenue - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- 511 Frances Street - Old Town - Key West
- 907 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- 615 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West
- 639 United Street - Key West Charmer !
- Bank Owned - 1318 Duncan Street - Key West
- Let's Celebrate!
- Shark Key - Bank Owned - Waterfront
- 809 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Short S...
- Don't Be a Cry Baby!
- Opportunity Knocks - 1317 Reynolds Street - Key We...
- 815 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Short Sal...
- Casa Louisa - 622 Louisa Street - Key West Charmer...
- 906 Johnson Street - Casa Marina Estate - Short Sa...
- La Casa Roja - 1403 Catherine Street - Historic Ke...
- Keep It Simple, Cuz!
- 1218 Varela Street - Key West - Foreclosure
- 1709 George Street - Short Sale - Key West
- 1039 Buttonwood East - Sugarloaf Key - Waterfront ...
- 3 Aster Terrace - Key Haven Canal Property - Key W...
- 3810 Flagler Avenue - Key West Waterfront
- September 2009 Real Estate Sales - Key West
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.