Saturday, October 17, 2009
At the bottom of almost every blog post I leave a comment as to how to contact me either by phone or email. I actually do get emails and phone calls from prospective buyers. I respond and we sometimes meet in real life. Most of these potential buyers have a dream of owning a place in Key West (why else would they contact me!). And most of those potential buyers have developed their own perspective of the Key West real estate market.
The Key West Association mls website is open for anyone to use. CLICK HERE. It provides lots of easy to access information on all real estate listings. You might even become so proficient that you might think you don't even need a Realtor to help get the deal done. You would be wrong. Nothing is simple in life or real estate. And cute little Old Town Key West can be very complicated sometimes.
In just about one week the "population" of Key West will nearly double in size. Fantasy Fest will begin and thousands of wanna-be-Key-Westers will make their annual pilgrimage to pretend in paradise. And you can be your very last red nickle that a bunch of them are planning on looking at (and maybe buying) the dream home that eluded them before. Many have made plans to come down here and buy while the prices are low. They plan on waving cash in front of desperate sellers in hopes of snagging a trophy of a house be it big or small.
In the past week I have had two different people contact be about one particular house I wrote about some time back. I sent both the info they requested and we talked on the phone that property in particular. One person had a friend actually look at the house. Then we talked some more. The potential buyer advised a trip is coming up in early November and that he or she would look at the house then. And I said something like "Fantasy Fest is coming up in a week. This house will probably be bought. You need to tie it up now before someone else gets it." I don't try to pressure people, but I do encourage them to be realistic.
There are some incredible deals on really large houses. If you are a million dollar buyer you can get a lot of house for the money these days. There are some good deals on smaller houses. Most of those properties are livable but most would be good candidates for a remodel.
I could be terribly wrong on my prediction that we are going to have a lot of "real" buyers in town during the next two weeks. If I am right the "inventory" of unsold homes will drop dramatically and there will be a lot of cry babies boo-hooing over the fact that they missed the opportunity to buy into their dream.
CLICK HERE to search the real Key West mls website. This is the site owned by the Key West Association of Realtors. If you see a property that you like, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc., an affiliate of Christie's Great Estates. We have some great estate properties in case that is what you are looking for. And there are still come very cute little cottages left. Some may need some fixing. Don't wait too long. Don't be a cry baby!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- 1019 Flagler Avenue - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- 511 Frances Street - Old Town - Key West
- 907 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- 615 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West
- 639 United Street - Key West Charmer !
- Bank Owned - 1318 Duncan Street - Key West
- Let's Celebrate!
- Shark Key - Bank Owned - Waterfront
- 809 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Short S...
- Don't Be a Cry Baby!
- Opportunity Knocks - 1317 Reynolds Street - Key We...
- 815 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Short Sal...
- Casa Louisa - 622 Louisa Street - Key West Charmer...
- 906 Johnson Street - Casa Marina Estate - Short Sa...
- La Casa Roja - 1403 Catherine Street - Historic Ke...
- Keep It Simple, Cuz!
- 1218 Varela Street - Key West - Foreclosure
- 1709 George Street - Short Sale - Key West
- 1039 Buttonwood East - Sugarloaf Key - Waterfront ...
- 3 Aster Terrace - Key Haven Canal Property - Key W...
- 3810 Flagler Avenue - Key West Waterfront
- September 2009 Real Estate Sales - Key West
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.