Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let's Celebrate!



People that read my blog are usually looking for a deal. I sometimes think we fail to appreciate how we get to certain points in our life and how the actions of people around us can make our lives richer or worse for wear.

I just concluded another short sale from hell. My buyer made an offer in on a nice Key West cottage last February. Eight months later it closed. I won't bore you with all of the drama in between. But it is over and my buyer got a great deal.

I want to give a shout out of Thanks to Scott Forman of Real Estate of Key West. He was the listing agent. He represented the seller. Scott was always there to help and to do his part. He got exasperated by the foot dragging at the Big Bank far away with a seemingly endless stream of new negotiators that just had the loan re-assigned to them. "Please re-fax the entire file to me and don't call me for two weeks." But Scott hung in and did what he needed to do.

I never met the seller. I'm pretty confident that this experience was pretty painful. It is for so many people. Thank you for being a gentleman.

I also want to give a shout out to Monica Hornyak at Chicago Title in Key West. She's a trooper. She goes through this "change this, do that, get me a new HUD", etc. every day. Her persistence and ability to keep things organized and moving made this one deal get done. She does the same thing every day. Thank you Monica.

My buyer relied on a lender he knew at Bank of America. This guy was terrific. He was organized and efficient. If only he could be cloned! Thank you Mike Black.

And I want to congratulate my buyers. They got a nice house and I think a great deal. I know they were getting edgy because of the time delays. Most buyers do. But I am hopeful their new Key West cottage will become that getaway place they dreamed of owning.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell