Monday, November 9, 2009
Single Family Home in Truman Annex under $949,000
So I spent Sunday afternoon on my computer looking for some potential deals among all of the short sales and very highly priced single family homes in Key West. I found 214 Fleming Street. The current mls listing does not have any description of the property or photos. So I had to do a little digging. And I think I may have found that deal I was looking for. Now if you are working with another Realtor, stay with him or her for everything else. But since I am telling you about this property, it is only fair that you call me if this house strikes your fancy.
214 Fleming Street is a 1312 sq ft two story two bedroom with two and one-half bath single family residence located in the exclusive Truman Annex. It also has a special Truman Annex Transient License. It is currently offered for sale at $949,000 or $723 per sq ft on a private 1739 sq ft lot. This is how the listing Realtor described the property in 2007 when it was then priced at $1,450,000: "This is a rare Truman Annex home with an elevator, hot tub, brick patio, outside shower, extensive wood trim details, vaulted ceilings, a complete hurricane shutter package, and close designated parking." But I found this description written by a previous Realtor that makes the place seem pretty special: "Located In The World Renowned Truman Annex In Down Town Town Key West Has Been Meticulously Upgraded. Crown Moldings, Superior Trim Work, Hand Made Built In Entertainment Center, Custom Wood Work!"
Truman Annex is located two blocks east of Duval Street on land that was previously a United States naval base. That property was annexed to the City of Key West about twenty years ago. Truman Annex was developed as master planned community of condominiums, town homes, and single family homes. The location provides immediate access to all that Old Town Key West has to offer. And the location is an easy five minute walk to Ft. Zachary Taylor Beach.
Ft. Zach is a really special place to Key Westers. There is a little You Tube video about the efforts of Key Westers to save the Australian Pines that are such a magical part of Ft. Zach. Take a few minutes and watch. It will give you a sense of how much we love our island home. (By the way, we won!)
If you want to purchase a single family home in Old Town with a Transient License, you may want to take a look at 214 Fleming Street. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc. in Key West, Florida. I spent my Sunday afternoon looking for a deal just for you.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Pretty as a Picture - 720 Passover Lane - Key West...
- Open House - Sunday - Key West
- 1502 Petronia Street - Key West - Open Tod...
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Nickeled & Dimed to Death in Key West
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Key West
- 1410 Duncan - Key West
- 605 Free School Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1025 Thompson Lane - Old Town - Key West - Circa 1...
- Pied-à-Terre Anyone? - Old Town - Key West
- 1107 Olivia Street - Transient Licensed Home - Old...
- 512 Margaret Street - Old Town - Key West
- Price Reduction - 915 Angela Street - Old Town - K...
- Affordable* Key West Houses
- 730 Southard Street - Old Town Landmark - Key West...
- 627 Caroline Street - Historic Seaport Area - Key ...
- Single Family Home in Truman Annex under $949,000
- Licensed to Make Money - Key West Waterfront Condo...
- Shopping Lessons
- Disparate* House Buys - Key West
- October Real Estate Sales in Key West
- 1223 Royal Street - Key West
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.