Saturday, December 19, 2009
Town is starting to come alive. More folks are arriving for Christmas. Some people will stay the season-all the way through Easter. Truman Avenue is getting clogged. The day after Christmas Truman becomes a nightmare. That is the tell-tale sign "They're Back!".
Every year people come to Key West and let their imaginations run wild. They imagine what it would be like to live here full time. Or maybe just during the winter when everyone up north in America is freezing the behinds off. The conger up visions of having their morning coffee by the pool, or walking the dog down the quaint streets filled with palm trees and greenery everywhere. Some may think of all the fishing they could do anytime they want. Others fancy being able to walk to their favorite watering hole on Duval (there are so many, you know). And even though Key West is not known for its beaches, many relish the idea of being able to ride their to Ft. Zachary Taylor Beach and just while away the afternoon as they get that golden Key West tan.
What all those people imagine what life in Key West would be like are not off base. It is really amazing how easy life is for so many people on this little island. It's almost as if half of the population over 40 does not work. And the other half works for the government. Same thing.
Seriously, life in Key West is really very comfortable most of the time. It gets hectic when the tourists arrive and you can no longer just walk into Michael's or Antonia's and get a table. Reservations become required, but ties are not.
Preferred Properties has a larger than normal classic eyebrow house located at 1015 Eaton Street that is offered as a short sale. The house has four bedrooms, three bath, a pool, a spa, a recently constructed great room addition where the living, dining and kitchen are located. That room has a vaulted ceiling, a fireplace, and a large set of doors that all open to the pool and deck at the rear. The house has Dade County Pine throughout. CLICK HERE to see the mls listing info on this house and to view more photos.
1015 Eaton Street was built in 1895. It has 1738 sq ft of living space and is offered at $995,000 or $573 per sq ft. It is a short sale. I think the actual sales price will be much lower. But who knows. I have no inside knowledge as to this house. But I write about this house because it has so much to offer and if it gets purchased at the right price, the new owner is going to feel that he or she or they got a great house at a good price.
If you are coming to Key West and want to fulfill your dream and buy a place in Paradise, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc in Key West, Florida. I think I still have a winter coat. Somewhere.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Bank Owned - Key West - No Snoots Need Apply!
- 5 Fletchers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Key West - Waterfront - Affordable
- 1012-1014 Thomas Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 1217 Pearl Street - Key West
- Merry Christmas to One and All
- 727 & 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina Area- Key W...
- 818 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank ...
- I've had it with "Renter's Rights" in Key West
- So You Think You Can Enhance! Key West House
- 1015 Eaton Street - Short Sale - Old Town - Key We...
- A Key West Home for the Holidays and later as well...
- The Bank Grinch Who Stole Christmas
- 808 Shavers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Harbour Place Condominium - Key West
- Price Fights
- 530 Grinnell Street - Key West Cottage with the Ch...
- 8 Nassau Lane - Old Town - Key West - No Need to L...
- 1030 Fleming Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- November 2009 Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.