Tuesday, December 22, 2009
818 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
Just Listed, but not by me, a stand alone cottage at 818 Whitead Street. It is located in a sweet little compound one block off Duval Street . This place is affordably priced at just $290,000. It has one bedroom, one bath, solid wood cabinets, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, cathedral ceilings, maple hardwood flooring, and there is even a pool. This property is a legal condominium but it stands by itself in a compound of other small but sharp houses.
God created some great decorators to cure some flawed interiors!
This house is located at the back of the compound. Access is through a white picket fence on Whitehead Street that is located about 1/2 block north of the Hemingway House. All of the units were either built new or renovated in 2005. This is a newly built unit from the ground up. It is only 415 square feet. The living room, bath with glass tiled shower, and kitchen with stainless steel appliances is on the first floor. A wooden spiral staircase takes you to the second floor bedroom. That area is open to the living space below so the entire house has a lot of volume. There is a charming small front porch that overlooks the pool and there is a second porch off the kitchen area. French doors open onto both porches, and they bring in a nice amount of light.
The pool is really cute. It isn't big, but it is larger than some I have seen in much larger single family homes in Old Town. All of the grounds are nicely landscaped. The gardens have a sprinkler system that works. I know. I got soaked as I was making my way to the rear. The other houses look very well maintained. 818 Whitehead Street is certainly worth a look if you are a single person or a couple that wants a little Key West getaway. There is no off street parking.
This property is bank owned and the bank owner can provide new financing. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or email me at email@example.com if you would like to schedule an appointment to see this charming two story cottage.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Bank Owned - Key West - No Snoots Need Apply!
- 5 Fletchers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Key West - Waterfront - Affordable
- 1012-1014 Thomas Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 1217 Pearl Street - Key West
- Merry Christmas to One and All
- 727 & 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina Area- Key W...
- 818 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank ...
- I've had it with "Renter's Rights" in Key West
- So You Think You Can Enhance! Key West House
- 1015 Eaton Street - Short Sale - Old Town - Key We...
- A Key West Home for the Holidays and later as well...
- The Bank Grinch Who Stole Christmas
- 808 Shavers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Harbour Place Condominium - Key West
- Price Fights
- 530 Grinnell Street - Key West Cottage with the Ch...
- 8 Nassau Lane - Old Town - Key West - No Need to L...
- 1030 Fleming Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- November 2009 Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.