Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Just listed, but not by me--again!, 2521 Patterson Avenue in the Mid Town area of Key West. CLICK HERE to see the mls listing info and listing Realtor provided pics. But read on dear reader.
This Bank Owned house is a modular home and it was newly constructed in 2005. I gotta tell you, I was really taken by this house. Not because it is Key West cute. It certainly is not the quintessential Key West cottage. But this is a big house with a lot of real living space for a family. The layout is thoughtful and utilitarian. Each of the four bedrooms has its own bathroom. The master bedroom occupies the full front of the second floor. It has a large sitting room adjacent to the bedroom. French doors open from the master bedroom onto the second floor balcony. The master bath is quite large and has a Jacuzzi tub and separate shower. Two other large bedrooms each with en suite baths are also located on the second floor.
The main level has a good sized living room, separate dining room, large kitchen, laundry room, and a large bedroom with en suite bath complete with French doors open onto the main level front porch. There is a nice back porch that leads to a large backyard with enough space for a big pool. There is also a magnificent shade tree to cool the house in the hotter days of summer.
In today's blog title I said "No Snoots Need Apply!" That's because this is a working class neighborhood. Regular Key West families live here. Patterson Avenue is one block south of US 1. The neighbor to the rear is the Conch Plaza Shopping Center. (The Key West Yacht Club) is across the street from the shopping center for point of reference.) This house is one of the nicest homes on the block. Many of the other houses were built in the 1960s or later. They are not fancy. And they probably won't be fancy for years to come.
This house is priced to sell at $314,820 or $162 per sq ft. This 1944 sq ft house sites on a large 5000 sq ft lot. The house has storm shutters, crown molding, and many features you will not find in a similarly priced home with a fancier address.
Call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing of this house. It is easy to see. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc. in Key West, Florida. If you want a good deal, this is the one. CLICK HERE to search the real Key West Association of Realtors mls website. Search single family homes priced at $320,000 or less. You will quickly see why this particular house is a good deal.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (216)
- ► 2013 (236)
- ► 2012 (238)
- ► 2011 (256)
- ► 2010 (238)
- Bank Owned - Key West - No Snoots Need Apply!
- 5 Fletchers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Key West - Waterfront - Affordable
- 1012-1014 Thomas Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 1217 Pearl Street - Key West
- Merry Christmas to One and All
- 727 & 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina Area- Key W...
- 818 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank ...
- I've had it with "Renter's Rights" in Key West
- So You Think You Can Enhance! Key West House
- 1015 Eaton Street - Short Sale - Old Town - Key We...
- A Key West Home for the Holidays and later as well...
- The Bank Grinch Who Stole Christmas
- 808 Shavers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Harbour Place Condominium - Key West
- Price Fights
- 530 Grinnell Street - Key West Cottage with the Ch...
- 8 Nassau Lane - Old Town - Key West - No Need to L...
- 1030 Fleming Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- November 2009 Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.