Sunday, December 6, 2009
Probably the best Christmas movie ever made was "A Christmas Story" based on a book by Jean Sheperd. I grew up during the Fabulous Fifties and really relate to many of the sub-plots. One of the best sub plots was when Richie finally had enough of getting beat up by Scot Furkus and his midget friend. Richie became immortalized when he took on the red headed fur brained bad boy and whipped his ass. I'll bet there isn't a guy who saw that move that did not cheer for Richie as he made the bigger boy cry for mercy.
Buying real estate isn't quite that rough. Sometimes it may seem like it is.
530 Grinnell Street is priced at just $475,000. CLICK HERE to see this cute cottage on one of the best blocks in Old Town.
719 Whitmarsh Lane CLICK HERE is priced at $599,000. It is located on a quiet little lane two blocks off Duval. It has a valuable Transient License and stays rented. Showings are difficult because owner will not allow guests to be disturbed. This could be a money maker for someone who wants income.
826 Eaton Street CLICK HERE is offered at $599,000. It has two bedrooms plus a loft and a pool. But there is no off street parking. This property is a short sale.
1011 Front Street #9 CLICK HERE is an already BANK APPROVED SHORT SALE at the pre-approved price of $600,000. This three story townhome at The Foundry in Truman Annex has a valuable Transient Rental License with advance bookings that will transfer to the buyer. This place has parking, a pool, and a great location.
407 Catherine Street sits one half block off upper Duval Street near the world famous La Te Da. It is a three block walk to South Beach and the Sourthernmost Point. CLICK HERE for more info on this two bedroom house with private pool priced at $595,000.
617 Frances Street CLICK HERE will likely be under contract within a couple of days. It is offered at $549,000. It is a new listing and it is being shown several times each day. The house had Dade County Pine walls,ceilings and floors and it sits on one of the best blocks in Key West. A couple of the most expensive houses in Key West are only a couple of doors away. This is one of those houses buyers ask me to help them find. It might be the worst house on the best block. I'm not saying it is bad. It needs updated. It will be worth a fortune when a pool is added and the house is renovated.
720 Passover Lane CLICK HERE doesn't need anything done. What a beauty this two bedroom cottage is. This cottage is priced at $595,000.
CLICK HERE to search the real Key West Association of Realtor s MLS website. I picked what I consider to be the best of the houses in the $450,000 to $600,000 price range. We are approaching the pre-Christmas buying lull when potential buyers are fight the crowds at the malls up north. I think this is a great time for would-be buyers to create their own Christmas Story by tackling the sellers in a price fight. Who knows you might be like Richie and kick the big guy's behind.
If you are looking to purchase a place in Key West please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or contact me by email at email@example.com. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc. in Key West Florida. I like it when the little guy wins!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (88)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Bank Owned - Key West - No Snoots Need Apply!
- 5 Fletchers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Key West - Waterfront - Affordable
- 1012-1014 Thomas Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 1217 Pearl Street - Key West
- Merry Christmas to One and All
- 727 & 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina Area- Key W...
- 818 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank ...
- I've had it with "Renter's Rights" in Key West
- So You Think You Can Enhance! Key West House
- 1015 Eaton Street - Short Sale - Old Town - Key We...
- A Key West Home for the Holidays and later as well...
- The Bank Grinch Who Stole Christmas
- 808 Shavers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Harbour Place Condominium - Key West
- Price Fights
- 530 Grinnell Street - Key West Cottage with the Ch...
- 8 Nassau Lane - Old Town - Key West - No Need to L...
- 1030 Fleming Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- November 2009 Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.