Friday, February 5, 2010
If you lived at 1800 Atlantic you could walk your dog or jog by this beach every day for eternity and still never get over the beauty of the Atlantic Ocean and Smathers Beach.
A couple of weeks ago I started to write a blog about a new listing at 1800 Atlantic that I thought was just incredible. I got distracted by real deals I was working on and did not finish the entry. It was priced at $1,235,000 and had a captivating direct ocean view. It went under contract within within three weeks of being listed. CLICK HERE to see what got away. Two other units (one offered at $579,000 and the other priced at $329,000) went under contract since mid January. It makes me wonder if we are at the start of another rush to buy at 1800 Atlantic just like the one that took over the Key West Golf Course late last summer. For a while there was an abundance of units at the Golf Course. Now there are nearly none.
CLICK HERE to checkout the twelve remaining units at 1800 Atlantic Condominiums. The aerial photo below shows the property and its proximity to the water. Every unit has a water view. Some have better views than others. The condominiums were built in 1987 and many have been remodeled. While most have the same square footage, each will be somewhat different than the others. Many of the units have Transient Rental Licenses which permit the owner to rent the unit on a daily basis. (Most are rented weekly, however.) Units without a transient license can rented as vacation rentals (monthly-once per month). Some of the units are offered fully furnished. None of the units I have included are short sales. Read the listing comments to make careful comparisons.
1800 Atlantic has its own private beach, but I must admit you would probably prefer to swim in the huge pool or take a dip in the giant spa. There are three tennis courts, a hidden and surprisingly beautiful interior courtyard, and covered parking with additional storage. Oh, Smathers Beach is located directly across the street from 1800 Atlantic.
If you would like to see any of the remaining condos at 1800 Atlantic, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida. These units are very popular and tend to stay rented continually through season. Advance notice is required to see any unit and some properties may not be available even with advance notice as some owners do not want to disturb their paying guests.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (110)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 903 Thomas Street - Key West Charmer !
- 707 Washington Street - Casa Marina area - Short S...
- Just Listed - 1412 White Street - Casa Marina Area...
- 1115 South Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- How to Buy Real Estate in Key West
- 623 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West Charmer...
- 1120 Packer Street - Key West
- 210 Golf Club Drive - The Sanctuary - Bank Owned ...
- Valentine's Day Open Houses Key West
- Delightful Key West Conch Cottage - 813 Frances St...
- 1012 James Street - Old Town - Key West
- Another One Bites the Dust - Key West
- What a Difference a Year and a Gay Make !
- Open House - Sunday - 1502 Petronia St. - Key West...
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Key West
- Don't Get Shut Out of Key West !
- Size Matters - Key West - Short Sale
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.