Tuesday, March 16, 2010
We are nearing the end of season. Right after Easter the potential buyers will stop coming here en-masse and start to go to their summer places. If you currently follow our mls you probably have noticed many sellers have started to reduce the asking prices because they know when it is over, it is over. The summer does bring some buyers, but it usually brings in more lookers and tire kickers than serious buyers. So if a seller really wants to sell, he or she better get the deal done soon.
The seller of the beautiful two house compound at 1412 White Street just reduced the asking price to $799,000. This property is a listing of Preferred Properties-that is where I work. Although this is not my listing, my broker allowed me to host an open house there on March 7th. I had 68 people come by to take a look. There were no ads; just my blog and Open House signs. Everybody loved it. I really thought I was going to get an offer from one of two different buyers that both came back for second look.s One of the potential buyers went on to look at houses priced much higher in the Old Town area. He came back and said that 1412 White was a much better house, with much larger and more beautiful grounds than a house he looked at in Old Town priced over a million dollars higher. I told him if this house were in Old Town on a great street it would have a "1" in front of the asking price. He got it.
The main house is made for the easy "Key West" style of living. The living, dining, and kitchen are all open. There are French doors on the east side, a bay window looking to the orchid garden at the south, and an eight panel door leading to the covered and lighted rear porch where the laundry room is located. The master bedroom is just off the living area. It is really comfy and has its own French doors that open onto the deck. There is a really charming outdoor shower that is just off the master bedroom. Look at the photo below. See if you can determine how to turn on and off the water. Finally, there is a second floor loft which can be used as a guest bedroom, office, or studio.
The guest cottage is extra large and has a wonderful vaulted ceiling that adds an extra large feeling to the room. Two sets of French doors open onto the deck and pool area. This cottage has its own bull bath.
The property is fully fenced and beautifully landscaped. All of the grounds are lit at night (and not with cheesy plug-ins from Home Depot). All of the grounds (including numerous potted plants) are automatically irrigated. There is a gated covered parking spot with brick pavers to boot. The photo below is of a statue that greets you when you first enter the property. The statute does not convey. Notice the tree in the background. It is not dead. It is one of two large Royal Poinciana trees. They are getting ready to emerge from their dormant state. By late May the will be in full bloom with wonderful little red flowers.
CLICK HERE for more detailed info on this property and to view more photos.
This property is located only a few blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and our public beaches. The White Street shopping area is a few blocks to the north. And Duval Street is a five to ten minute bike ride depending on where you want to go. I live one block away and I love the neighborhood.
If this sounds like the kind of property that you are looking to buy, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 409 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Sold - Key West
- Bank Owned - Compound - Transient Licensed - Key W...
- Irreplacable - 1010 Elgin Lane - Old Town - Key W...
- Key West Bank Seized & Sold
- Beautiful Arts & Crafts Style House - Bank Owned -...
- Sweet Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West
- 1304 Atlantic Drive - Bank Owned - Key West
- 3814 Flager Avenue - Riviera Canal - Bank Owned - ...
- Story Book Cottage - Just Listed - Key West
- 810 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1012 Varela Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- Davy Crockett Remembered
- 715 and 719 Whitmarsh Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1412 White Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- The Bank Grinch Who Stole Christmas - Part Two
- The One That Got Away - Key West
- 916 Fleming Street - Bank Owned - Millionaire Row
- 628 William Street - Old Town Beauty - Key West
- "Sup? in Key West
- Open House - Sunday - 1412 White Street - Key Wes...
- You're Gonna Howl with Laughter at this New Bank O...
- 1217 Grinnell Street - Key West
- 810 Carey Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1413 Albury St - Bank Owned - Key West
- Opportunity Knocks - Shipyard Condo - Key West
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Penthouse Units - Key...
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.