Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Just Listed 1413 Albury Street, a cute and previously well maintained conch cottage located in The Meadows Area of Old Town Key West. This 1140 sq ft house has two bedrooms, one bath, central air conditioning, wrap around porch, and a very low maintenance yard. The house sits on a 2053 sq ft lot (29' X 67'). There is no room for a pool. CLICK HERE to view the side yard and note the old fashioned pump. Perhaps there is still a well on the property. MAP Warning, if you do a Google Map search and try to see a street view, you will see houses on Olivia Street. Albury Street runs parallel to Olivia Street from Georgia Street to Eisenhower Drive. Most locals don't know where it is. Conch trains don't drive by the house. That could be a good thing. CLICK HERE for more info on this house and to see photos provided by the listing Realtor.
The house at 1413 Albury Street is just one block north of Bayview Park (the main city park in Key West) . The park has an old fashioned band stand, public tennis courts, lots of trees and grass. It is the place where locals meet for all kinds of civic events and celebrations.
The Meadows Area is located just to the east of the main part of Old Town Key West. I like to tell people how far things are by estimating the length of time it takes to walk or ride a bike from a house to a familiar destination such as Duval Street or the Historic Key West Seaport. The house at 1413 Albury is five minutes extra. If you were to walk from White Street to Duval it would take about seven to ten minutes. I'd add on five minutes extra for the Albury address. Albury would be a good place to own a bike or a scooter. It's not far away, but not as convenient as a place in the heart of Old Town. But it is not so far away as to require that you bring snacks every time you leave home.
The White Street arts district, Faustos Food Palace, Island Gym, and The Coffee Mill are all within a five minute walk. If you are a boater, the Garrison Bight Marina is a three to five minute walk. Most of the homes in this area date from the late 1800s to the late 1920s. The black and white photo of the house (below) was taken in 1965. You will note that the photo shows that the porch was enclosed at that time. The photo also shows that the house did not have shutters. Today the wraparound porch is a prominent feature in this house as are the shutters. The house at 1413 Albury Street was built around 1906. Most of the houses have been redone. Some are very expensive. And there are a few that look like they have never been touched.
1413 Albury Street is BANK OWNED and priced at $389,900 or $334 per sq ft. If you would like to see this house, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 409 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Sold - Key West
- Bank Owned - Compound - Transient Licensed - Key W...
- Irreplacable - 1010 Elgin Lane - Old Town - Key W...
- Key West Bank Seized & Sold
- Beautiful Arts & Crafts Style House - Bank Owned -...
- Sweet Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West
- 1304 Atlantic Drive - Bank Owned - Key West
- 3814 Flager Avenue - Riviera Canal - Bank Owned - ...
- Story Book Cottage - Just Listed - Key West
- 810 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1012 Varela Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- Davy Crockett Remembered
- 715 and 719 Whitmarsh Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1412 White Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- The Bank Grinch Who Stole Christmas - Part Two
- The One That Got Away - Key West
- 916 Fleming Street - Bank Owned - Millionaire Row
- 628 William Street - Old Town Beauty - Key West
- "Sup? in Key West
- Open House - Sunday - 1412 White Street - Key Wes...
- You're Gonna Howl with Laughter at this New Bank O...
- 1217 Grinnell Street - Key West
- 810 Carey Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1413 Albury St - Bank Owned - Key West
- Opportunity Knocks - Shipyard Condo - Key West
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Penthouse Units - Key...
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.