Saturday, March 27, 2010
Key West Bank Seized & Sold
The Office of Thrift Supervision seized Key West Bank, FSB, at the close of business on Friday, Marcy 26th. The OTS then sold many of the assets to Centennial Bank's parent company, Home BancShares Inc., which acquired the former Marine Bank, about a year ago. CLICK HERE to read the article as it appears in KeysNewsNet.com.
I think about everybody in town was expecting the seizure. There were some very nice people that worked their. I hope they find new jobs. Let's see how Centennial Bank goes about trying to sell some of the many REO assets and managing the many problem loans it acquired. I used to do this stuff for a living many years ago. This might be a small town, a small bank, a small amount of assets as compared to what happens up north in America, but how our hometown banks manage the sale and disposition of troubled assets affects this small town in a very big way.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (88)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 409 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Sold - Key West
- Bank Owned - Compound - Transient Licensed - Key W...
- Irreplacable - 1010 Elgin Lane - Old Town - Key W...
- Key West Bank Seized & Sold
- Beautiful Arts & Crafts Style House - Bank Owned -...
- Sweet Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West
- 1304 Atlantic Drive - Bank Owned - Key West
- 3814 Flager Avenue - Riviera Canal - Bank Owned - ...
- Story Book Cottage - Just Listed - Key West
- 810 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1012 Varela Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- Davy Crockett Remembered
- 715 and 719 Whitmarsh Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1412 White Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- The Bank Grinch Who Stole Christmas - Part Two
- The One That Got Away - Key West
- 916 Fleming Street - Bank Owned - Millionaire Row
- 628 William Street - Old Town Beauty - Key West
- "Sup? in Key West
- Open House - Sunday - 1412 White Street - Key Wes...
- You're Gonna Howl with Laughter at this New Bank O...
- 1217 Grinnell Street - Key West
- 810 Carey Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1413 Albury St - Bank Owned - Key West
- Opportunity Knocks - Shipyard Condo - Key West
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Penthouse Units - Key...
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.