Friday, April 23, 2010
The Wall Street Journal ran a piece today on Queenly Restorations and chose a house in Key West for inclusion. CLICK HERE to see the house as shown in the Wall Street Journal.
The house the WSJ presented is a listing of Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. (that's where I work). I wrote at least two blogs about the particular house at 1307 Truman Avenue. CLICK HERE to view the mls listing info and to view more photos of the property. This house is a short sale and it is under contract at this time.
They (whoever they are) don't make houses like this anymore. It is a grand old dame, that is for sure. It has high ceilings, large rooms, a stately presence on Truman Avenue across from Bayview Park. The house was totally and tastefully renovated. The 4426 sq ft home was offered for sale at $1,750,000. It is presently under contract. The WSJ did not mention that in the nice little piece they did on queenly restorations. The phone has been ringing off the hook all day with people asking for more information on the property. While the queenly restoration at 1307 Truman may be gone (if the contract closes), there are still some really nice homes available at good prices.
CLICK HERE to search the Key West mls to do your search for homes in Key West. If you see a property you like, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or email me at email@example.com. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida. Our office is the Exclusive Lower Florida Keys affiliate of Chrisite's Great Estates. (There are a lot of old queens still left here. Don't fret.)
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- Key West Beach Club - Ocean Front Unit
- This Will Sell in a New York Minute
- The Phones are Ringing Off the Hook !
- Pelican Landing Penthouse - Key West Waterfront - ...
- Don't Fret - Still some Low Priced Deals in Key We...
- Strip Center - 1200 White Street - Key West
- 2301 Linda Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 613 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Open House Event
- 404 Grinnell Street - Old Town Serene Sensation -...
- 6 Lowes Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Are You Afraid of Cuba?
- Happy Easter Key West
- 731 Waddell Avenue - Key West - Short Sale
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.