Friday, May 28, 2010
This seems like deja vu all over again. Actually, I reported on 1130 Royal Street over a year ago. There was a flurry of activity and it went under contract right away. I had a buyer that submitted a higher than asking price offer and he did not get the property. Neither did anybody else. Apparently there was a problem in the previous foreclosure and that prevented the bank owner from selling the property to anyone.
1130 Royal Street has just been put back on the market, still bank owned, and now offered for sale at $325,000 or $433 per sq ft for this two bedroom (one bath) house located on a corner lot one block south of St Mary's Catholic Church at the T-intersection of Windsor Lane, Amelia Street, and Royal Street. MAP.
This is how the listing Realtor describes this property:
"This cute 2 bedroom and 1 bath cottage has a large deck and a great Old Town location. Home is walking distance to dining, art galleries and shopping."
I showed this house about 5 times during the few days it was for sale a year ago. Each time there were other people stopping and looking. CLICK HERE to checkout the mls listing data and to view photos of this property.
If you are looking for an affordable single family house in Old Town Key West, this just may what you have been looking for. The house directly across the street to the north CLICK HERE is one of the prettiest newer houses in Key West. And the neighbor across the street CLICK HERE is just as pretty but not quiet as large. There is a mix of big expensive houses like the two mentioned and an equal number of small homes like 1130 Royal Street. 1130 Royal Street has the white picket fence and room for both a pool and off street parking. It is within easy walking distance to Duval Street as well as the shops and restaurants on nearby Truman Avenue.
I don't know if the listing agent will be working this Memorial Day Weekend (or if the bank asset manager will be as well). But I'm available and ready to help you make your offer on this bank owned single family house in Old Town Key West. Beat the crowd that took off from work to get the extra long weekend and make your offer on this nice little house with a lot of potential.
Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or email me at email@example.com. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (88)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 1130 Royal Street - Bank Owned - Old Town -Key Wes...
- 1800 Atlantic Condominium Penthouse Short Sale
- You Just Gotta See 1106 Packer - Key West
- 1014 Elgin Lane - Key West Old Town Charmer !
- 527 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Marina Retreat - 1128 Johnson Street - Key We...
- 1432 Virginia Street - Really Big Short Sale - Key...
- 1120 Packer Street - Key West
- 915 Angela Street - Key West - A Homage to The Tro...
- 1318 Petronia Stree - The Meadows Area - Key West
- 1419 Eliza Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 1226 Seminary - Key West - Bank Owned
- The Best Buy in Old Town - Key West !
- 712 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1305 Reynolds Street - Short Sale - Casa Marina Ar...
- Affordable, Adorable, Doable! Southpark Condo - Ke...
- 1012 Southard Street - Old Town Premier Location -...
- April 2010 Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.